Demon Re-construction

dr_teeth

Hey guys was checking out the re-construction photos of the demon on rcdb.com and I noticed something. Take a look at the photo, and look at the vertical loop. On the very top bit of track there appears to be a gap at both ends. Does anyone have any thoughs on this? I mean surely this has to be filled in somehow, but that section of track appears from what i can tell to be in its final resting place. ?????? http://www.rcdb.com/ig2953.htm?picture=8

It looks to me that the only piece missing is a section of the boomerang. I was going all misty looking at those photos. I'm not a fan of the paint job. Yellow looks like **** but at least they gave it one. It was nearly white again when Wonderland were finished with it. It's going to look like someone making a fruit salad when the red train starts rolling around the track.

Here is Duane Mardens Response. I am currently awaiting a response from the park. So we will wait and see what the story is with them.

Hi Paul, That's going to make for a bumpy ride won't it? I would guess the connectors were damaged or not fitting well and are being replaced or modified. Notice the backbone couples are fitting together normally? On the ends of Vekoma track rails there are couplers that are basically cylinders cut in half lengthwise. The flat sides are put together and they are then bolted together. I'd guess they weren't fitting well and were taken off until fixed so not to slow construction down. Duane ________________________________ From: Paul [mailto:webmaster@defunction.net] Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2005 7:43 AM To: Duane Marden Subject: Zoomerang oh-oh Hey duane. Looking through these pics here, http://www.rcdb.com/ig2953.htm?picture=8 I noticed there was a gap in the track near the top on the left hand side. What's the deal with this? Paul

What's the go with the colour scheme? Did they run out of yellow paint and leave some sections black? Yellow, black and green remind me of a Caribbean country's flag. Maybe the people painting the track have been smoking some whacky tabbacy like the people from the country with those colours on the flag. "The Bus is now leaving for Black Flag Bore, Western Australia"