Wonderland ~ Some Truth....

Flattop

undefinedundefinedundefined Australia's Wonderland, Wonderland Sydney? What happened? How could it have failed? The truth is not so complex. It was never meant to succeed once Sunway had made it's purchase - that was always the plan. Sunway had purchased the Park for the sole use of capitalising on the land value. In terms of corporate gluttony - the process was actually cunning and decisive. Purchase the land without no intent to capitalise on the structure(s) in place. Recruit a youthful and idealistic management team who won't be prone to asking too many questions and simply breathe enough air into the old girl too hold her steady, while the Carr government and Malaysian Corporate giant finalise a deal for a multi-million dollar land sale at the cost of hundereds of local jobs. Place the blame on topical international and local economic pressures and walk away with lined pockets, knowing most will be too emotionally connected to the situation to have the real clarity of mind to see 'truth' or demand real answers. There was no mis-management in this process, no great conspiracy. Simply a very pre-meditated robbery of a wonderful venue with incredible potential for the sake of off-shore profits that would also successfully reward key players within NSW. The key players in senior roles were well rewarded for their deceit, both financially and one other with a successfully short lived senior role within the owners company. Seems devils will ultimately turn on themselves. But some were as they seemed - there is no doubt. There were leaders within that company that fought for change and lost their hearts as others worked successfully to silence them into submission. There were believers. Believers that knew with transparent leadership and coporate integrity - positive outcomes would be found. Seems the dark outweighed the light in the final days of the Park that died much too early before it's time. Every new beginning comes from an anothers ending. To all of us who believed and worked through it - God bless.

Australia's Wonderland, Wonderland Sydney? What happened? How could it have failed? The truth is not so complex. It was never meant to succeed once Sunway had made it's purchase - that was always the plan. Sunway had purchased the Park for the sole use of capitalising on the land value.
Thank you Captain Obvious :P To the top of the class for you!
The key players in senior roles were well rewarded for their deceit, both financially and one other with a successfully short lived senior role within the owners company.
It was indeed short lived! Such a shame... Pffftttt....

"There is nothing more sorrowful than the one who stands by idle in the face of truth. The one that cast's his word's forth without conviction. The one who talks the most often but offers no resolve. Who speaks more than most though chooses to stands in the wings. For this man there is no greatness, no fulfillment of spirit, only the trophy of idle comment and a life half lived. These are the men for which I keep no company." Daryl Van Helgoff (Founder-Dark Knight Rides - A man to be truly admired)

undefinedundefinedundefinedEvery new beginning comes from an anothers ending.
I thought it was "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end" Yeah, its pretty obvious that it was being run into the ground, I don't think anyone will argue. In fact, there is pretty much that consensus out on the forum if you have a look around...

undefinedundefinedundefined Every new beginning comes from an anothers ending.
I thought it was "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end" Yeah, its pretty obvious that it was being run into the ground, I don't think anyone will argue. In fact, there is pretty much that consensus out on the forum if you have a look around...

Australia's Wonderland, Wonderland Sydney? What happened? How could it have failed? The truth is not so complex. It was never meant to succeed once Sunway had made it's purchase - that was always the plan. Sunway had purchased the Park for the sole use of capitalising on the land value. In terms of corporate gluttony - the process was actually cunning and decisive. Purchase the land without no intent to capitalise on the structure(s) in place. Recruit a youthful and idealistic management team who won't be prone to asking too many questions and simply breathe enough air into the old girl too hold her steady, while the Carr government and Malaysian Corporate giant finalise a deal for a multi-million dollar land sale at the cost of hundereds of local jobs. Place the blame on topical international and local economic pressures and walk away with lined pockets, knowing most will be too emotionally connected to the situation to have the real clarity of mind to see 'truth' or demand real answers. There was no mis-management in this process, no great conspiracy. Simply a very pre-meditated robbery of a wonderful venue with incredible potential for the sake of off-shore profits that would also successfully reward key players within NSW. The key players in senior roles were well rewarded for their deceit, both financially and one other with a successfully short lived senior role within the owners company. Seems devils will ultimately turn on themselves. But some were as they seemed - there is no doubt. There were leaders within that company that fought for change and lost their hearts as others worked successfully to silence them into submission. There were believers. Believers that knew with transparent leadership and coporate integrity - positive outcomes would be found. Seems the dark outweighed the light in the final days of the Park that died much too early before it's time. Every new beginning comes from an anothers ending. To all of us who believed and worked through it - God bless.
Yawn. "The Bus is now leaving for Yawning Gully, Tasmania"

Guys i have to agree wonderland is over it aint comming back.its just like a family car please dont tell me that we all cry over them,but at least we have memories and a alrite amusment park to still go to (Luna Park where i work).I hate to say this as much as i liked the place it is gone FOR EVER.

• 1 month later...

ok it is a year and one month later, and it still depresses me to no end that Wonderland is gone. The thought of that place and so much infrustructure getting bulldozed into the ground doesnt help. Till a few months ago i drove past daily, and now having moved to melbourne for work and living up the rd from Luna park, it depresses me more knowing that Wonderland closed and Luna Park is still open! If any other park closed down i guess i would say oh well, but when the park you grew up with does, its a totally different story!

People like Bus and myself grew up with the joint too, and then spent a very enjoyable period working there, but do we go on like a dog without a d&%k? No. Look forward to the future and its possibilities instead of dwelling on the place that was run in to the ground to line the pockets of greedy slope heads!

Yeah this is true! What i would do to have the chance to explore the place once more, in its horrible state, after seeing it at the point of no return, you wont mind it getting pulled down! Well make sure that you all keep me posted, im a mexican now! but main office still based in Glendenning so ill only get to see the sight every few months when i fly back. Cheers!

I am really looking forward to seeing a huge Coles warehouse on the site. If anyone is not sure of how big this place is going to be take a trip out west along the M4, just before you get to Roper Road there is a building on the right that has a big Woolworths sign on it. That is roughly the size it is going to be. For those of you who don't live in Sydney or do but are scared of the western suburbs the building is about 15 stories high. "The Bus is now leaving for Colesmore, Queensland"

I am really looking forward to seeing a huge Coles warehouse on the site.  If anyone is not sure of how big this place is going to be take a trip out west along the M4, just before you get to Roper Road there is a building on the right that has a big Woolworths sign on it.  That is roughly the size it is going to be.  For those of you who don't live in Sydney or do but are scared of the western suburbs the building is about 15 stories high. "The Bus is now leaving for Colesmore, Queensland"
It'll give me great confidence to know that Coles' national food distribution centre is across the road from Sydney's biggest peutriscible waste tip. Anyone whohas taken a drive out there over the past few months would know exactly what Im talking about. Think I'll avoid Coles.. at least Wollies is about 10km further west.. Zordmaker

It'll give me great confidence to know that Coles' national food distribution centre is across the road from Sydney's biggest peutriscible waste tip. Anyone whohas taken a drive out there over the past few months would know exactly what Im talking about. Think I'll avoid Coles.. at least Wollies is about 10km further west.. Zordmaker
The M4 gets a nice pleasant smell from the Eastern Creek area when driving down at night *vomits*

It'll give me great confidence to know that Coles' national food distribution centre is across the road from Sydney's biggest peutriscible waste tip.
Yet you continue to insist that the Wonderland site should be re-born a theme park. If it is all that bad, which it could be sometimes, especially when a southerly was blowing and it had just rained, why would you want kids anywhere near that area? I think you have just outlined one of the best reasons for the Wonderland site to become something completely different. "The Bus is now leaving for Borny Dam, Western Australia"

Yet you continue to insist that the Wonderland site should be re-born a theme park.  If it is all that bad, which it could be sometimes, especially when a southerly was blowing and it had just rained, why would you want kids anywhere near that area?  I think you have just outlined one of the best reasons for the Wonderland site to become something completely different. "The Bus is now leaving for Borny Dam, Western Australia"
I think all resident would agree the problem is not the park, it's the tip - and would much rather see something done about it than bother closing Wonderland just because it stank there. A soft overnight south westerly breeze blows the stink over the suburbs as far as Quakers Hill (I know, I have smelt it regularly). But as usual the problem is a "not in my backyard" problem, and Sydney will continue to use Eastern Creek until it is literally higher than the Blue Mountains. Im moving to North Richmond in July so I don't care (p.s. thats exactly the attitude that does all the damage..) ZordMaker