Wiggles World coming to Dreamworld

Richard

Sure it may not intrest you at all, but sure, it will be a great themed lively place. People have always been saying that the re-development of Rocky Hollow was always needed. Personally I think it is a good idea. I have always been a fan of the wiggles. So here they finally come.

My problem with the attraction is that the Wiggles have already been popular for quite a number of years. They are getting older and eventually will give up. Once the Wiggles retire, Dreamworld having a Wiggles World will be useless. I would have prefered dreamworld save the money they would spend on this so they can build something that would give Movie World's Superman a run for its money. Nick Central is enough childrens rides for the moment. Children are content and have fun riding the same ride over and over again (even I am) and so won't really care if there are two areas for them on either sides of the park. Dreamworld should have built a nice big family ride like a water ride that both young children and the "thrill seekers" can enjoy.

Not to sure how many of you have kids, but I and most parents will tell you that there is never enough areas to take kids. If you tell them that they can't go on a ride cause they are not tall or old enough, then they can act like the world is coming to an end. The more things for the kids, the better for families visiting the park. If this attraction is in the old Gumtree Gully area of the park, I don't see the problem with it takeing area that could be used for other attractions as the building is allready there. It would just require a small refit to suit and Dreamworld has a new attraction for a small amount of money. Having just said that I should read the info that we now have from the park in reguards to this attraction before I say any more..... Now that I have read the report, I am certain that this is the area that would be used. It has the resturant that is suited for families and is only around the corner from the Nick Central area and Tiger Island so it would be the ideal area for this new land. At least this is my own point of view, as a father of two young theme park fans.

the wiggles school holiday attraction is going into the old tomb raider site, however this may not be the final position for the full "wiggles world"... which may end up being somewhere else in the park. Just the same as Movie World has Hi-5 on contract as entertainment, Dreamworld has the Wiggles...... Just the same as Movie World has Superman due to be built soon, Dreamworld has.... oooops said to much.

I think it's foolish to dismiss this concept without really thinking about it. It covers a significantly different demographic from Nickelodeon Central and we all know families are where the bucks are. From what I've heard it will be a decently sized investment. AlexB, it wouldn't hurt to use capital letters and proper sentences a bit more than you currently are.

I think the Wiggles will be a great attraction to the park and will bring in younger families that previously may have thought (right or wrong) that there was nothing in the park for the little ones. And after all they were the highest paid Australian entertainers this year pulling in an incredible $45 million. They have spread like the plague across the globe and have just started a world tour. They have begun franchising themselves to various countries. So they must be doing something right. I have said in another thread how popular they were when they were at Wonderland and yes I know it's not actually them at Dream World but it doesn't really matter. "The Bus is now leaving for Jeff Bore, South Australia"

I'll be interested to see whether this new area actually contains rides and what sort of rides they will be. If the aim of Wiggles World is to attract young toddlers and their families, what sort of rides and attractions would be suitable for them? Even rides designed for small children have minimum height limits that must be reached

I think that it may not contain many rides, but rather just buildings that kids can go into to do stuff, for example "Wag the Dogs' kennel" where kids can go in and it would be like a play room with doggy sort of stuff and a guy in a costume that kids can swamp around. Another thing could be a wiggles sing along thing where there are wiggles songs that kids can sing along to with a microphone. I remember seeing at the AFL Hall of Fame last year a place called "mascot manor" which was like the kids area, and one of the things was a karaoke thing were kids could pick a club song and sing along to it, so the wiggles thing could be like that. What about Dorothy the Dinosaurs' rose garden (naturally you would need to use thornless roses being around kids) or what about Captain Featherswords treasure cave, and indoor playground suited more to toddlers than the one in Nick Central. Maybe there could be a Green Wall type thing where kids can star virtually in a wiggles concert. Naturally a stage show would form part of the area. I know all these ideas sound lame, but kids would like them, and I can see DW chosing more of a place where kids hang out, rather than an area with rides.