Brisbane Royal Show

Katz

Nice, cold, rainy day in Brisbane today. Went past the Ekka on the bus from Uni at Kelvin Grove and it still looked fun. They've got a newer version of the Rainbow... doesn't look as tall, though. Anyone know if there's a roller-coaster there this year? If so then I may definately go. :D

Hey DC: The rainbow-type ride is the ali-baba... which IMHO isn't as good as the rainbow.. i think you're right, the rainbow was taller or something(?) Shame the rainbow doesn't make appearances anymore. The "Crazy coaster" (same one that was there last year) is there again, down towards the woodchop area.

The Ali Baba is very short compared to Rainbow which rises to 26meters, Ali Baba is about the same hight as the top cages on Zipper, so thats about 16.80meters...... The Ali Baba has been around for quite a while....I think 1994 or 5 was its debut...but don't make the comparison with Rainbow, as you don't get a great ride on Ali Baba, its very dissapointing! chris

Awesome photos, good to see the following: Hangover has had a very nice refurb, including new lighting on the booms, hopefully they work properly, since the other lights were stuffed. Also the new main arm artwork looks nice, and it looks nice a white again. Interesting to see that Watkins have changed KAMIKAZE to yellow caps, not bad, but I prefer the blue, especially when the arm is still blue. Why are the tarps on the Chaos backwards....hmm Great to also see that the Cliffhanger now has the light sequences installed, very cool! Interesting to see the Genie figures on the Ali Baba, im very impressed....still doesnt change my opinion of the ride though..... thanks again for the photos. Chris