Rumor? Australian Company Doing lighting for Disneylands Castle for the 50th?

Hey guys, As far as I know the LED lighting that's discussed in part wasn't installed by an Australian company. The fixtures used on the installation are US built and I don't think any of the discussed ColorBlast fixtures even exist in our country yet. On the other hand, the talk about making the castle look like a gift for the 50th anniversary sounds more promising. A Sydney based company called "The Electric Canvas" (http://www.theelectriccanvas.com.au/) Are world renowned for their large-format projection work and have lit buildings all over the world. It wouldn't suprise me at all if they were responsible for the project. However, PRG - the largest lighting company in the world, based in the US, takes great pride in its large format projection work. I'll try and see if I can dig up any more information, but this is the best I can do off the top of my head.

The colourblast effects do exist in this country in a variety of forms since 2002. Global Television used a modular version in the last series of Australian Idol as a lighting feature and part of the set design. Jands distribute a system called Chroma Q which I believe are licensed by CKI (Color Kinetics Inc.)

As far as I know the only LED bassed affects Franc is using on Idol are chromabanks which he is a big fan of and can be seen in pretty much all tv shows he's currently lighting. Interestesting post Blueman... curious as to what your background is and where the name comes from??? Welcome

The colourblast effects do exist in this country in a variety of forms since 2002. Global Television used a modular version in the last series of Australian Idol as a lighting feature and part of the set design. Jands distribute a system called Chroma Q which I believe are licensed by CKI (Color Kinetics Inc.)
As Rappa said, the fixtures in use are made by Pulsar of the UK, and are called Chromabanks. The ChromaQ system is represented by Jands in Australia and the system is licenced by CKI. The color blast fixtures that were discussed are only sold by CKI, and there aren't any in use in Australia at the moment.