New Movie World Germany Show

Richard

This link was on the latest update at Screamscape. It shows photos from the new show at Movie World Germany: http://freizeitparkweb.de/dcf/DCForumID39/743.html Now, maybe its because the show is depicted by about a dozen photographs, and accompanying German where I couldn't do much better than realising "nervös" is "nervous" (I've never studied German :D), but sorry - that looks like the most pointlessly strung together set of stunts and other stupid things - all done in an unmodified Police Academy set (unless you call the"Tactical Response Unit" painted khaki a modification). Let's just all hope that this seemingly crappy show doesn't ever grace our park. :)

Well, I really don't want to judge a show by a few photos, but that show does look particularly tacky. The fact that they couldn't be bothered to change the sets in any committed way doesn't suggest a great deal of thought went into the show. The Police Cars have still got the police academy logo, and the whole thing kinda reminds me of "Super Stars Live in Concert"s evil twin. I'll try and check it out when I'm over that side of the world, since I hate criticising something based only on the photos (even if I just did it :D )

That looks like a cheap shot at our Police stunt show. Our stuntman's do not have cables supporting them, unlike this show. From what I see, WBMW Germany seemed to have picked random people off the street and start swinging on some cables. Although I could be completely wrong, and some people may take a fair hit at me for what I have said.. but it's IMO :) ~Flea

BTW, the show is from the same producers as Police Academy if I'm right
Is that so? Seeing stuntman's using suspended cables to do their stunts really does disappoint though.. I'll stick to ours being better :) Just imagine a Matrix based show, to do the stunts shown in the movie would require some major 'look at me!' cables, ewww.. ~Flea

• 5 months later...

O.K. bringing back an old topic isn't that funny, but I think you might enjoy looking at some more pics. http://onride.de/viewtopic.php?t=450 I myself didn't take the chance to see the new show at WBMWG, but I usually don't like watching stunt shows, so it comes as no surprise. I heard by some visitors that they didn't like the fact, that there was no real storyline besides placing stunts from different films one after the other.

I'll agree with the guests who didn't like it because of the lack of a storyline. Sure, you might be able to "ooh and ahh" everyone with a few flips and explosions, but is it going to be that good if it's just a bunch of incoherent scenes one after another. At least theme it to the Matrix if you're just going to have fights and explosions for the sake of it (referring to in particular Revolutions, where it seemed to just be a whole lot of "I'm bored, let's fight to techno music"). :D