• RCT 2 but I have RCT 3
    • RCT 2 and I don't have RCT 3
    • RCT 3 but I have RCT 2
    • RCT 3 and I don't have RCT 2

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just been playing with paint and a rough IOA like layout. What I can do is to make it in RCT3 with a large lake in the centre with rivers splitting the islands. Then I could add a rough pathway that makes its way around the whole park and across the islands. Also I could add a monorail track which does the same thing. Then members can choose which island they would like to do and then can modify the pathway and monorail within that areas to suit their area but have them join back to the main system. In the middle of the lake I thought of having an island so that someone can make a really good fireworks show to put in the centre. For this to work, we would have to have one person build their island, then pass the file onto someone else, and so forth until it is all complete. Eg, I could start by doing the Entrance island and then pass onto someone to do the next, while having people give suggestions as to what should be on the island etc. And in the end, if we have left over islands others can just make a second island. This makes it hard for those wanting to do it in RCT2 though since it would be hard to transfer an island design from one game to the other. But to answer a question posted by someone, I do have RCT2 and the wacky worlds expansion, but I would prefer to use RCT3 for this park since I have gotten used to it and want to ride the rides.

Problem also matty-o with using RCT2, people may have expansions, some people may not. Some people may have custom stuff installed, some people may not. You see what I am getting at here people? RCT3 hasn't got much of that yet, and if there is, it is easily imported into the game. Just look at pattieboi's RCT2 Wonderland, it got ****ed up because he had so much custom scenery installed on his computer.

How about this fix, no expansions, no custom scenery? I’d really love to use RCT3 because of the better graphics, but realistically, most computers can’t run a park of this scale. The polling also so far suggests a slight lean towards RCT2, so what I’ll suggest is two parks, the first in RCT2, then if its successful, another in RCT3. Thoughts?

It would be nice to do it in RCT 3 but my Celeron 680mhz cannot handle a park in RCT 3 with more than one coaster in it. If it is RCT 2 it will have to be without any expansions as I do not own any of them. As for the custom scenery, there is an option to export the scenery with the file. As long as the option is enabled there should not be too much of a problem as far as custom scenery is concerned.

I could do the base park in RCT2 since I have no custom scenery on my computer, nor any addons. But I want suggestions on the Scenery types to pick for the park, and the number of Islands to make. Maybe we just need to do two parks, one for RCT2 and one for RCT3, that way anyone can take park, and if you have both, you can do a bit in each park.

What we are gonna do is it in RCT3 and if its a success we can transfer it to RCT2 BUT GAZZA I AGREE WITH YOU THAT WE CAN DO IT IN RCT2, THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH THAT IS SOME PEOPLE ONLY HAVE RCT3 SO IF WE MAKE IT IN RCT3 SOMEONE COULD TRY TO CONVIRT IT. The organisers are me and matty o. Did you add my ride matty o? Matty O When you finish your island I'll continue and whoever wants to continue after me can so we can get an order so if you want to go after me post and just say i would like to continue third or something like that. I agree with you matty i want to ride the rides aswell!! LOL!

Sorry, but other things have come up this week. I have a family reunion (how boring) and an assignment to do next week so I won't be able to start. And I can't make promises for after that either at this stage, so I think it would be best for someone else to start off, cause it may be a while before I get a good amount of time to start.