Roller-coaster.com.au RCT Theme Park

teki

23 members have voted

1. 1. Roller-coaster.com.au RCT Theme Park

• RCT 2 but I have RCT 3
    • RCT 2 and I don't have RCT 3
    • RCT 3 but I have RCT 2
    • RCT 3 and I don't have RCT 2

I had an idea that if the members of roller-coaster.com.au would chip in one or two rides RCT each we could get someone to make a park. If anyone likes my idea please tell me in this thread and if anyone would like to do the whole park also tell me in this thread.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RCT3 yeah but we could get people that don't have RCT3 to make the games in RCT2 or 1 and import them. If you can't help out wif making the park could ya try to chip in a couple of rides. I would like someone that would be able to collect all the rides from this thread and put them together in Sandbox. The park could be called Roller-Coaster World or something like that. I hope that most of the members that have RCT3 will chip in a ride or 2.

Or if you wanted rather than the park just being a mix of peoples rides thrown in together into a sandbox park, as a collective of rollercoaster and park enthusiasts we could possibly try to plan out a utopian park which is fully set out as if it were a real life themepark. Eg, people could suggest themed areas and path layouts, rides and their names and everything like that. I don't know how well this will work, but if it does I think it could look really good, compared to just a heap of rollercoasters placed in a park. But either way, I don't mind and I think the idea of a r-c.com.au theme park is great.

Yeah i was thinking towards what matty o said get everyone's rides and put them into a sandbox park collecting a rollercoaster or 2 from someone. And with people suggesting themed areas etc everything he said. Matty O would you have enough time to put the park together in sandbox?

I may be able to find some time to do this, though I can't promise anything. But then again, it could be a progressive thing where the game file can be posted up online for someone else to take over and continue the work or something. But I would definately like to be involved. But if you like my idea of going for a fully themed and set out path encorporating everyone's ideas to make the perfect park we can probably start by collecting ideas from people as to the general park overview, eg should it be a Disney style park, a Six Flags style park and so forth. When I am trying to create my own Utopian park (I never finish them because I don't like my own creations), I usually like to make a rough map of the layout in paint or something, so people can suggest layouts and designs for things for this park. So if you want, everyone can just start suggesting anything they would like to see in this park or whatever. Later I will come back and post a few ideas I might have for the park.

Alright, a few ideas I would like to see in a 'utopian' r-c.com.au park: i) Heavily themed park, eg. Disney/Studio theme park levels of theming (although it means more work for those building it) ii) Mass transit - eg. monorail and/or train system which is well integrated into the park and its design. And in the case of a monorail, doesn't just serve its purpose but also looks good against its surrounds like Sea World's monorail does, and I'd also like to see the monorail come out in front of the park over the carpark area like sea world again. (For some reason I have a thing about monorails - every non recreation park I build has to have a monorail. I seem to like them for some strange reason.) iii) Have a main street like entrance to the park, yet also having rides located close to the entrance gate, eg. Batman at Movie World. iv) I would also like to see a big centrepiece to the park like the Disney castle or the Eiffel Tower type things at the Paramount parks I think. I tried building an observation tower once and it looked really bad, so who knows if it would work or not, maybe I am just not good at this game. v) I'd also like some themed indoor rides, which are often quite difficult to build and so I have never really made any good ones before. The other reason I limit my indoor rides is because spending time enclosing something in a building and placing roof tiles on one by one is hell and is often difficult and frustrating. They are just a few ideas I have at the moment. So if others want to contribute what they would like to see, then we can start to integrate the ideas together and then can start work on building it. As well, anyone with ideas/themes/stories/names etc for individual rides etc should post as well and anyone who can think of a good name for the park should post as well. I am terrible at naming parks - every single one I seem to make seems to have the same name because I am not very original and creative sometimes.

Ok, here's an idea I've had for a while... The park can be divided into 9 lots, and each person gets to complete there own themed section of the park. At the end, staff are added, plus transport rides, and anything else that the park needs to be complete. After which time the park is avalible as a public download (IE, as the official R-C.com.au members park). I suspect that it'd probably work best in RCT2 though, any thoughts?

I agree with your ideas matty o and yours joz because it's good with a section of the park each. A monorail system would be better then a train. We could make it in RCT3 and someone with RCT3 and 2 can transfer the rides and everything to a RCT2 park. We could use all of matty o's ideas. So what would you guys prefer to do a section each and someone can edit the theming at the end because maybe matty o can start with his themeing ideas and add a couple of roller coasters and i could take over or everyone adds rides and someone does a whole park at the end?

Ill do it, I like the sectioned Idea because each person can do their own thing, i allready have an idea for a South American Copper mine sort of thing. Also, if we do it in RCT2 it will be more accessible to more people, and it can easily be stepped up to RCT3 for those who want to see it in 3D. Plus in RCT2 you can do underground stuff, which I like the idea of.

The main problem with a sectioned park idea is that in the end, it may not work real well as a park itself. Each section that a different person would build would have to join nicely to the next persons section and everything, and it may just end up looking strange. Although what could work, could be and Islands of Adventure type thing with people building on an island of a pre-terraformed piece of land. The difficulty then is between those using RCT2 and those using RCT3 and so bringing them together to make a final park would be difficult with the different games.

How would you like me to start it out? I'm still a little unsure how it will work and how it will be divided etc. First I would probably need a few more ideas how to start it off first from others, eg how entrance set out etc, because otherwise if I just design it as I go how I like it, then it is hardly a collective members park but rather just my own and then would belong in the matty_o_911 park thread.