Residents start class action.

Bussy

no Theme of a Breakdance
As far as I can see on my model of a Breakdance, and from riding experiences, there is no Backdrop of Spiders on a Regular Breakdance. So in other words, they do not call it a Breakdance. The only thing which shows it is a Breakdance, is the ride experience. There is nothing else there saying it is a breakdance. Plus it is Luna Parks ride, they can do whatever they want with it.

How can you really say that travelling rides have a 'theme'. They have a backdrop, some pretty colours and not much else. Sure the backdrops can be different, and the gondolas a different colour, but the theming for travelling rides are all basically pretty crappy. Also, the spider did have a small spider theme going for it before, wasn't there a spider sitting atop the entrance way?

• 1 month later...

There was a large spider thing sitting on top of the Spider in the good old days but that was before my time. But then the Tumblebug had a cool looking bug on top of it too. I'm not saying that the Spider is the greatest ride to go on but I have the most fun while operating and I tell you that customers on the Spider when I operate tend to have a whole lot of fun. Also I would reccomend AGAINST riding the Ranger at Luna Park Sydney. I don't think I'm legally allowed to say why but I just wouldn't

Also I would reccomend AGAINST riding the Ranger at Luna Park Sydney. I don't think I'm legally allowed to say why but I just wouldn't
The great thing about the Internet is the anonymity of it. You can say what you like and it can be hard for someone to prove that it was you. Anyway are you talking about the harness failure's they had when the park re-opened? I know of two occurrences of this and luckily on both occasions no one was in the seats where the harnesses released mid-cycle. "The Bus is now leaving for Anonyma Shoal, Victoria"

The Spider is no longer allowed to be run in manual mode, it can only be used in program 4. And I've been told that underneath the external structure it is a travelling ride. There is music on it, and we can choose what we like to play on it as long as there is no swearing. The actual limitations are "Fun, Family Oriented and Luna Parkish". Whatever Luna Parkish means.... And as to not going on the Ranger.. The harnesses aren't a problem any more to my knowledge, although it did open on a child once when I was operating. He wasn't hurt but I was a little shaken. My concern with the Ranger is more to do with the motors. There are supposed to be 4 operating motors on the Ranger. There are less than that. You can hear the bastard struggle to lift even a half load (20 people). I'm not a maintainance guy, I just operate but there is something wrong with it. BTW don't sit on the right hand side, second row from the back, second seat from the entry.

Luna Park noise complaint set for October July 1, 2005, The Daily Telegraph RESIDENTS of Sydney's Lavender Bay will take on the Spider, the Ranger and the Tumblebug when the battle over noise levels at nearby Luna Park is heard by the NSW Supreme Court later this year A group of residents has launched a nuisance claim to try to shut down the three permanent rides, plus two other temporary rides, at the iconic harbourside fun park. Residents claim the mechanical noise of the rides, and the screams of visitors who ride them, are making life unbearable. Spokesman Glen Billington said the noise meant many residents had trouble sleeping and could not open their windows or use their balconies. Noise levels at the park were up to four times the acceptable limit set by the Environment Protection Authority, he said. The court action did not seek to close Luna Park – which reopened in April last year after a $100 million revamp – but to shut down or relocate the five adult thrill rides generating the noise, Mr Billington said. "We want the noise issue resolved," he said outside court. "Shutting down the rides is one logical way to achieve that. "Relocation is another, and modification to comply with the standard EPA regulations is another." Lawyers for Luna Park will defend the action when it goes to hearing in the Supreme Court on October 31. A similar court case 10 years ago restricted the operating hours of the fun park's star attraction, the Big Dipper rollercoaster, effectively causing Luna Park to close.

I have a question for the residents..... Dont You think you should have thought about noise before living there!. Im sure they noticed when they wanted to buy the unit they were living above a themepark. This is a case of who was there first!.. The noise was there when they bought the house, it was still going to be there when they moved in.

Yes, yes koolkidsyd very original - it's all been said by people a hundred times before. I wish someone would come up with a new argument instead of repeating the old "the park was there first, the residents should have known". What annoys me is that the case keeps getting set back. I just want to know the outcome but once again the date has been changed and now it's months away. I always find it interesting that they say the restricted Big Dipper operating hours forced the park to close. And yet the park is now completely without the Big Dipper or any other major attraction and is probably busier than it ever was in the 90's. Go figure. Maybe it has something to do with Sydney's scarily huge population growth levels

Do they have music playing on Spider / Breakdance these days?
One song you definitely won't be hearing is Fatboy Slim's 'The Rockafeller Skank'. The lyrics goes "The funk soul brother, check it out now" but was misheard by a customer as "fu*k your mother"