Impressions of Tokyo Disney Resort

mikrowave

Firstly let me say Japan is an amazing country, the culture, the people, the sights, all of it. Every day offered up varied and great experiences, I highly recommend a visit if you haven't yet been. Anyway, onto why we're all here ;) Rather than write a detailed TR for each day I spent at the Disney parks in Tokyo I thought I'd instead write an overall summary of my experiences... :) I recently travelled for 3 months around Asia & was lucky enough to spend 3 days at the Tokyo Disney parks, April 11-13. Unfortunately each day was rainy (a couple days the rain was off & on so it wasn't too bad) which was great for the crowds (absolutely zero lines) but it did affect the shows & general atmosphere of the whole place, it was quite lonely at times. I still had an excellent time, but at times it was a little difficult to get into the spirit of things when you're wet/cold. I spent 2 days at Disneyland & 1 day at DisneySea. I was going to parkhop on my last day, but it's a bit of a hike between parks & they make you pay for use of the monorail which is a bit lame, so instead I spent my final day at Disneyland doing things I hadn't done previously on account of the rain. (I'd also totally conquered DisneySea in 1 day so there wasn't really much reason to go back). You have to specify which park you will go to on your first 2 days, you are only allowed to parkhop on your final day which suited me fine but seemed a little odd. Disneyland is a great park, pretty much what you'd expect, nothing all that different to other magic kingdoms, yet still a great park. Their version of Winnie the Pooh is absolutely amazing, so much better than the Anaheim version. My first ride I was blown away (& subsequent re-rides as well). Unfortunately Space Mountain was closed for refurbs when I was there so I was unable to get that credit, but everything else was open. Despite the crowds, Disney still went to great efforts, with parades & fireworks when it wasn't raining - overall an exceptional park! :) DisneySea is a weird yet awesome park, incredibly themed but a little lacking in content (that will change once TOT & Raging Spirits open). Its hard to believe the detail that's gone into theming the park, at times you really feel you're in another world. If the weather was fine I could've spent alot of time just wandering around enjoying the themeing/atmosphere but since it was raining I had to generally rush from ride to ride which was a bit of a shame. For me the best ride was Journey To The Centre of the Earth - a mixture of dark & thrill ride with a cool amount of air-time in the high speed section. I spent a full 12 hours at the park, with many re-rides & exploration when the weather held off. Overall I had a thoroughly enjoyable 3 days at the Tokyo Disney parks, I would definitely plan a future visit once the 2 new rides at DisneySea open. If you have any questions feel free... :) I also have hundreds of photos so I will probably post a few up sometime soon if people want to see any?