Superman construction notice

Richard

Just a word to everyone. If you are vising Movie World and taking photographs of the construction site, I ask that instead of posting your photographs here in the forums, you send them to Roller-Coaster.com.au. The reason for this is to ensure that Warner Bros. Movie World and the new attraction receive accurate and appropriate online representation for the construction period. There are some positives to this. A single forum post might receive a few hundred views. Forum attachments are also available only to registered and logged in members. Last year when The Claw was being built, the Roller-Coaster.com.au construction updates recieved 2,000+ hits each in the space of a few days. At this time, Roller-Coaster.com.au was recieving around half the total monthly hits it does at the moment. Realistically, a Superman construction update could be seen by upwards of 3-5,000 people. See the Roller-Coaster.com.au Submissions page for details on how to submit and minimum requirements. If you have any questions about it, let me know.

convenient that any photos posted in the forums may be viewed by all users at no cost, and at the resolution the user posted it in, whereas on the construction update pages, Richard has control over the quality of the images available to non subscribers... Also with that many hits coming, if the pictures are only available in a subscriber only area, that means that all of these random web searchers are more likely to subscribe...

Watermarked names look tacky, not to mention it makes a gallery take longer to create. There is a new system being introduced shortly (I hope to get it up tonight) that will mention the photographers' names at the bottom of each gallery page. AlexB, try using actual sentences for a change. Photo galleries on the main site are free for all users, including those who aren't registered or not logged in, so your argument doesn't make sense. Movie World is a park based entirely around trademarked concepts and characters. It's very important to the park that they protect this intellectual property.

That is true richard. I have used the method which shows the photographers name on the pic, Mate never again. The Worst sytem in the world I tell you. So I have now got a java type system when you click the link, it opens a window with a pic, and on the title bar, it states the name of the pic, like "Zoomerangs Lift Hill" then "provided by Lynn Brown". So something like this. "Zoomerang Lift Hill provided by Lynn Brown". This change came into effect after the new site design, and I am still struggeling to update all the galleries. Updating means changing the Logo'd watermark, re-sizing them, and implementing the Java into the DB. People who run a website like this, can tell you now. It is not easy stuff, but not stuff that is too hard. Rather more stuff which takes up time.

Have you tried a program that automatically watermarks them Richard? My friend uses thumbsplus to watermark hundreds of pics and it does them all in minutes. You could also just tell people to watermark the pic themselves before sending them in if they are that worried about it..

• 5 weeks later...

since construction is now well underway, the general public must know something big is happening. Why doesn't WBMW just release an artists rendition of the ride and put us all out of our misery, i mean its the least they can do.

it will come in good time. WBMW has already made announcements on the type of ride, the theme of the ride, the height, a vague storyline, and the location within the park. They don't have a massive billboard posted out front, but have made it quite plain as to their intention. The rest will come closer to the release date. Many a park have published imagery way before the ride opened, only to find the ride is delayed, or there is a difficulty in getting the ride to "be" what was in the picture.... meaning many disappointed fans. Keeping the "final" ride under wraps until such time as it's bolted to the ground is good for keeping up the suspense.... IMHO.