What About...

jcgoldcoast

With all this excitement brewing with Superman coming up in the next few months, I think it would be worthwhile MovieWorld auctioning off the first public rides on Superman, like Cedar Point has done for their last few major rides that they have installed. All the procedes from this auction go to the Red Cross at CP, so all the procedes could go to a similar organization here. The winning bidders, of course would get a "free" days entry into the park, and how about some food as well?? Comments anyone?

Yeah that sounds like a really good idea jcgoldcoast. Anything to help charities is fantastic! Just out of curiosity, if the bidding got around to the $600 mark, would you be bidding yourself for a 'first ride', or is this suggestion just to benefit a charity and to make Movieworld look socially responsible?

It's certainly an interesting idea. I know that our parks do a lot already for local charities, and something along the lines of a charity auction would be a very novel way of raising money for worthy causes. I'm not sure if it'd work well with a "mainstream" audience, but I'm sure there would be enough generous/eager people in our community here alone to get half a train or so filled, right?

^can you give me a serious answer to as why you think you should get test phase rides.
Well if they are going to offer test phase rides to randomly picked out park patrons lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time, why not offer it in a not so random manner to the people who support and talk up the parks here and who would truly appreciate the experience - not unlike AP previews at Disney-speaking of which does Movieworld offer ride previews/special events to annual pass holders?