Bush Beast Trivia

Flasher

From some website- My interaction with your maintenance Supervisor, Mr Nino Tropea, were extremely positive. I found Nino to be very professional, courteous and focused on providing a high level of customer services. He was very efficient in coordinating all activities, with both the revenant contractors and me, in order to ensure prompt rectification. I am very happy with the overall turnaround time, especially considering the level of activity around this busy festive season.

The reason why I have asked the question is because this person has signed their name in 2 locations on the Bush Beast ride. The first location was on the side of the floor joist underneath the original top landing for the exit ramp, which was later converted into the Control Booth when the Bush Beast went to 1 person operation. This was dated 4/11/85 and was accompanied with the name Mark Dearing. You could notice it as you walked down under this landing and looked back. The second location was on the side of a horizontal brace which supported the maintenance platform that serviced brakes 1 to 4 under the station. This was dated 5/11/85. My understanding is that these two individuals were part of the construction team and Tuesday 5th November 1985 was the last day of construction. This gave a little over 4 weeks to commission the ride and to add the final touches to the theming of the Bush Beast. I would assume that the original footage in Wonderbuzz's Bush Beast video was filmed within approximately a week of this date, as there is still construction plant visible to the right side of the dip, and evidence of the materials store and assembly "shop" at the back of Cobbs Kitchen/Goldrush Toilets and the hill between Snowy's and the Bush Beast flyover. Does anyone remember this? :)

I'm glad that name wasn't anymore hidden, otherwise no one would have known about it. Ok here is a question that I am sure some of you will know. There was a rock in the garden at the very beginning of the queue line, pretty much underneath the big sign. On this rock there was a plaque, what was the name on that plaque and what was it commemorating? "The Bus is now leaving for Scrub Cairn, Northern Territory"

this is just a guess bussy, im not too sure, but i think it may have been about the bush beast being the largest wooden coaster in the southern hemisphere. i think it contained the opening date, and also the name of some bigwig politician who officially opened the ride? but thats just a guess...

this is just a guess bussy, im not too sure, but i think it may have been about the bush beast being the largest wooden coaster in the southern hemisphere. i think it contained the opening date, and also the name of some bigwig politician who officially opened the ride? but thats just a guess...
Buzzzzz wrong.
Nah it was some bloke that carked it.
Ding Ding Ding we have a winner. It was one of the builders of the ride who died. "The Bus is now leaving for Ding A Ding, Victoria"

OK - More trivia - at the main entrance to the park, around the gardens heading down the hill towards the ticket booth... on the tarmac were randomly placed squares of black paint. the questions are - What was under the black paint When were they put there Why were they put there? Where in the park was the "reason" for what was under that black paint? AND SOME MORE... What kind of cars were used on Ampol's Great Race? What was Billabong Grove called when it first opened? How many "entertainment" stages were in Wonderland between 1985 and 1990, and what were they ALL called?

What was under the black paint?
Characters from Hanna Baberra Land.
When were they put there
Not sure - I suggest opening?
Why were they put there?
To Corrospond with HBL and to corrospond with Wonderlands Relationship with Hanna Baberra.
Where in the park was the "reason" for what was under that black paint?
Like said before, Hanna Baberra Land.
What kind of cars were used on Ampol's Great Race?
Some sort of Ford.
What was Billabong Grove called when it first opened?
Something along the lines of Yogi Bear, and you could bring picnic baskets to that area, and have a picnic. Not sure of it's exact naming, perhaps if I checked my Maps, I would have a precise name.