Construction underway at Wet'n'Wild

Richard

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The key reason for this change was to increase the capacity of this ride. Because of the nature of the Mammoth Plunge ride it had a significantly lower capacity than Mammoth River. The tower was already effectively 'maxed out' with two slides there and it would be far less economic to build a new slide of the same style (there is limited marketing potential for a homogeneous ride). It also just so happened that Sea World's speed slide was about at the end of its life. The way I see it they have very effectively hit two birds with one stone.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was at Movie World and Wet N Wild alot during the past week. The last couple of days I was at movie world, at the top of Lethal Weapon I could see green support structers in place with some slide also in place across at Wet N Wild. It looks pretty cool! :D From Mammoth Falls you can see alot of the new section, there are plenty more footings in place, which mean plenty of more slide elements! Unfortunatly I didnt take any photos... :( Anyway, hope that was helpful. The last time I was at movie world was on Monday 21st November.

Edited by tom

I was just looking at the latest photos of H20 extreme zone (thanks for those by the way Richard). Now is it my imagination or is WnW building another stock standard freefall and speed slide in this area? If so, I think it's terrible idea. They already had a speed slide and they gave it a much needed upgrade and converted it into the speed coaster only a few years ago. Speed slides are so '1980's Australian waterpark' and are certainly no cutting edge attraction. If this is the case, bring on Dreamworld Water Park which will no doubt have better offerings. I'm not liking the look of H20 zone so far, nothing about it appeals to me. So bland

Eh, I knew it was 3 or 4, and knew that no matter what I said, I'd probably be corrected :) . The spirit of the post remains though, you can't fully fill a tube on Plunge, but you can on River, hence why replacing Punge with another River is an increase in capacity.
thnks joz, i was not aware that they didnt put 6 on plunge, thats why i asked.....i did think it was funny that ppl were saying it was done for capcity.