>>>Wonderland Constuction/Rumours<<<

Okay here are my realistic thoughts on IF wonderland were to get a new coaster what it may be... I think it is safe to say it wouldn't be something we already have so that rules out Inverted and most likely any sit down coaster like a Hyper or Giga. Dont et me wrong SFMM's Goliath blew my mind (only coaster Ive ever started to black out on!) but the Australian punter mentality would see it as just another coaster :-( We are probably going to get something stock off the shelf rather than a brand spanker huge custom coaster...we just don't have the budget unfortunately. Stand Up or Floorless would be likely but I don't know about you guys but IMO B&M would be the king of these and they are great rides however getting Beemers introduced here could be a challenge as stated... If it was intamin I think it would be a Rocket, prolly more Xcel like than TTD cause of budget but still one kick arse ride so thats probably maybe? If it was a Beemer a Floorless like Scream could give them a power packed ride at a reduced cost that would go up in no time and would definately work which is a plus :-) However were they to build another Riddlers type ride here that would be awsome too but probably too big for Oz. Lets just hope its a floorless or a Rocket ay :-) What do you think? If Wonderland wanted to be fully out there they could go 4D but it would take a big leap of faith for a park to do that again and likewize for Arrow.

I hope the people that know realise how mean they are.....And if they're telling fibs they'll have a lot of people after them (angry villagers with pick forks style!)
Bring it on ppl but I stand by what I have said. But remember that I have not said that it will be a coaster, or water ride, or flat ride. I am sure that it is not a show of any type to my current knowledge, but I will not be telling anything to anyone who asks me for info by PM and then tries to threaten me if I am wrong. Ask Richard about who you are dealing with before you threaten ppl CHILDREN. I have been on this earth a hell of a lot longer than most of you and if this is the thanks that I get then NO MORE INFORMATION WILL BE GIVEN. Just for the one above remark, made in fun or not, there will be no more info FOR THE NEXT THREE WEEKS. And to think I was going to tell you all the name of the company who is makeing it tonight. Well then KIDDIES....thats just tough. :evil:

Rocket is a definate possibilty, which is in Intamin's hands. I still don't think that a beemer is coming to Australia though. For the people that do know what we are getting, wherewould this coaster be located, and what is the approximate footprint?

Just for the one above remark, made in fun or not, there will be no more info FOR THE NEXT THREE WEEKS.   And to think I was going to tell you all the name of the company who is makeing it tonight. Well then KIDDIES....thats just tough.
1 question, why three weeks? Would wonderland be officially announcing this new ride, or is Wonderland just finalizing plans before they give the go ahead to leak some info out? Thanks, ~Flea

ok some people seem to have taken what i said seriously, so ill just say my little comment was just that....a little comment. wasn't meant to be a "threat" or any sort of competition. i realise why you can't divulge information, and i dont want a harmless whinge of mine turning into a big b*tch fight

OK Firstly. Its just a forum dont get carried away! Secondly noone was threatening anyone, its just a mere joke and if you cant see it as that, well who cares. Just relax and have fun. C'mon something big might come to Wonderland and here we are b****ing about some lame thing and certainly not impressing anyone. Lets just have some patience and wait and see what comes out of Wonderland. But untill then, were just gonna feast of each others rumours lol. ;)

Thunder and Richard: I appreciate the information that has been provided so far and can understand why you can't say anything more. I can also understand how news like this sends us enthusiasts into a frenzy. I have to say this has made my wife extremely excited, our last Gold Coast trip she was pregnant and couldn't ride anything. Suffice to say that we are both holding our collective breath for an announcement..... We can all have fun here on the boards speculating on what it could be in the interim. whatever it is bring it on!

OK Now that I am calm and have not received any more PM's from ppl trying to get info from me, I will tell you all this. That due to work commitments of late, I have yet to send the e-mail to the park to ask if I can let you know of the "Little Peice of Info" that I have. I will however say, to calm things down here a little, to my knowlage that park is not building a new coaster this year. REMEMBER that they may be, but if they are I am not previe to this info. I will send the e-mail to the park now and then finish this reply. Ok the e-mail has been sent and I hope to have a reply on wether I can tell you all about it or not tomorrow.

Please re-read the above post by myself. It is carefully worded to be correct. I at no point have stated that the park is getting a new coaster. I said it is getting a new RIDE, never coaster. You ppl have said that it is a new coaster, not me. So with that in mind, I have not said anything that is not true. Please read the post you are replying to carefully before asking questions, as it saves on these replys, and just because I can.....QUEENSLANDER, QUEENSLANDER, QUEENSLANDER. 1 hr and 15 min till kick off on Origin 1

As far as a new COASTER is concerned, no i don't know if the park has made a desicion on a new coaster. But IMO, I believe that they know what they are getting and from where, but that's just my opion. As far as the park is concerned when asked, it is a big NO COMMENT AT THIS TIME. Before when asked it was a no comment only, where it is now "at this time", which I HOPE means a media release will soon be coming with news to make as all happy.

Well, most parks work on a 3+ year plan, which at least give a general idea of what the coming years are to focus on (even if it is as general as "New Thrill Ride", or specific as "New B&M Floorless: 6 inversions, red track & blue supports..."). So I'd say yes, Wonderland do know what they're doing. That and the fact that most manufacturers will need several months preperation for any ride, before any track is even assembled (except Vekoma, who under previous management, had one complete ready-to-go SLC and Boomerang in their plant). Just as a disclaimer: nothing I said in this post is at all reflective of what Wonderland may or may not do. This is all hypothetical talk from me, and any similarity to future announcements from the park is entirely coincidental. :)

I wish that I had someone to give me some "off the record" info of the park! :P . Anyways I'v been thinking about a new ride at Wonderland a lot recently. To much to tell you guys the truth. I dont know if you guys remember this, but i think its about a year ago (could be less or more just correct me if i'm wrong) There was a rumour goin around about a Wild West Falls ride that might come to Wonderland. What ever happened to that plan. Might that still happen. If there was one to come to Wonderland it would be good, but I could strongly say that I/US would prefer a coaster :D

Yes I do remember the WWF romour some time ago. This would certainly tie in well with the idea of a new ride that isn't a coaster... Could even be something along the lines of an Interman Splash down ride perhaps? Much like Perilous Plunge at Knotts only perhaps even bigger to make the world record??? That ride gets you DAMN wet is all I can say.

It makes more sence now aswell. If Wonderland was to get a Log Flume/ Splash Down type ride they might aim to make it a record breaker of some kind. I sort of like those splash rides. The adrenaline rush you get falling at a sharp angle, at a high speed and nothing but weels on the track!..... Thats a thrill. :D And on hot summer days the ride is the best if you wanna cool down. I'v been soaked head to toe dripping wet on one of those rides. And above all its fun! :P