Great Balloon Race?

Gazza

When I was in the car going out of town today I spotted what appeared to be a ride in several bits at a place called the "Emarald Bank Heratiage farm", a tourist complex in my town. The site where the ride parts were was surrounded by a temporary fence, and I could see many dome type things that were painted in stripes of white with another color. I could also see a large yellow piece of machinery, which could be the rides central axis thingy. Could this ride be the Great balloon race from wonderland? Does anyone know who bought the Balloon race from WL? If anyone can provide info it would be great. Also, the site where the ride is now has a few waterslide sections there too. These were from a waterslide that was previously at the local aquatic centre, and about 5 years ago the slide was dismantled was moved to the heratiage farm site near the entrance, but have since been moved to the other side of the complex this new ride.

I do recall that Balloons and Planes were to be sent to a small operator in Victoria, and if you say it was all yellow well it narrows it down a bit further. What would be conclusive would be if you could get a close up shot of those dome peices which were the tops of the balloons and see if they still had the good old rope in them where the lights used to be. I do think what you have seen is Balloons from Wonderland. Also I am not sure but Galleons may have went ti the same place???

Ok, so this is what I got, the photo is really bad since is was taken by a camera that about 5 years old, so my apoligies for that. I was also as close as I could get since there was a lake seperating me from the site. The photo was taken from the grounds of the motor inn (with the owners permission of course) Anyway, this is what i could see. -several domes painted in stripes. the stripes alternated between white and another colour including pink, red and blue. Each dome had its own color. -Dark Green/Khaki Green coloured "baskets" for the baloons, they were lying on their side and had brown seats inside that were the width of the basket that faced each other. Each basket had four poles coming out of it, presumably this is what connected the basket to the balloon -A large yellow piece of machinery, that looked like a motor for the ride -Several yellow metal poles lying on the ground -Several "quater domes", imagine you got an orange, and quatered it, then got rid of the edible part, so you would end up with eight, 3 sided shapes that are cuved. There were similar shapes to this stacked up, each one was painted half in white, and half in another colour such as green, blue or red. -Two small aeroplanes I could see, one was painted red and the other dark blue. -A central tower for the airplane ride, it was a dark grey bluish sort of colour, it looked a bit worse for wear. -Various other metal poles. -Waterslide segments, light blue in colour. I have sent the Heratiage farm an email regarding the ride, so that may help shed some light on this. The Photo: To the right you can see the domes. In virtually the centre of the photo you can see a bit of red, this is one of the aeroplanes to the left of this you can see the yellow piece of machinery The other stuff such as the airplane ride tower and the "quater domes" were on the left side but is too hard to see them in this photo.

From your description Gazza, it's highly possible that it is the Great Balloon Race, if you gave out the address, would anyone with a decent enough camera go and take another shot, or verify anything? Also gazza, is it possible you are able to contact the land owners, and ask a few questions or something?

I didnt really see anthing that looked like galleons but I think it is safe to say now that these rides are the ones from WL. The rides have been there for a month or so now, but the reason I havent posted sooner is because the first time I went past in the car I wasnt quite sure if it was actually a ride at all since it could have been something else (like umbrellas for example) the next two times I went past i was actually reading the paper in the car and forgot to look, but 2 days ago I looked properly and it did look like a ride, so subsequently I went for a closer look. I wouldnt hold your breath for much to happen at the site anytime soon, The waterslide has being sitting unassembled for a few years, and if that is anything to go by then we could be waiting a long time. The Wwebsite of the place is http://www.emeraldbankfarm.com.au/