Anyone remember Leisureland Fair?

Moviegirl

I am a great fan of rollercoasters and I love riding on them, and looking at the pictures just give me a thrill, too! Your site is absolutely satisfying to my thrill-seeker needs. But then, I remember there is an amusement park years ago in Victoria called Leisureland Fair. I wonder what happened to the park? It just disappeared and I can't remember much, but I remember when I was a kid I went there a couple of times and it was one of my favourite park. I remember that there was a white rollercoaster, a name that I cannot recall, along with other rides, such as Cha-cha and a train ride around the park, similar to the train in Dreamworld. I wonder if anyone could remember that? I tried to find information but to no avail. Thanks a bunch and would be much appreciated if I could get the information of the park from one of my favourite childhood memories.
Someone please HELP! My cousin and I are just talking about our cherished childhood memories which we still reminice about to this day. We were massive leasureland fans back when it was running and we would like to get into contact with anyone who has photos or maps of the park when it was operational. We were just talking about leasureland and we decided to look up information about the park and came across this website. Both of us are very excited to hear that we are not the only one's who miss leasureland. We just saw what leasureland is like now and it's sad to hear what has happened to it. My cousin and I are thinking of going out to the old leasureland site and ripping up the old railway track which is still there and taking it home for the memories. If anyone has any pics or any more info about leasureland PLEASE let us know! Thanks P.S We also want one of the old dishes still in the convention centre. We are leasureland junkies

Some people might classify that as theft..
Oh we are only kidding but we would pay good money for a piece of that track as its something to tell the kids. We have been all over the world to Disneylands and funparks but this one just captured a childs mind, it was special bright, bubbly, it made you feel good. The train ride took you away from the real world, deep into the heart of the park where you could forget the world existed. I have many hundreds of photos of Leisureland although they do have family members in many of the, they still provide a very good history of the park. We must have visited the park 200+ times in its short existance. What ever happened to the trains, they were really something. Quite long infact and the carriage up the front where you could put Eskies, bags and stuff like that. I believe the train had two sets of tracks, it could go one way or the other, there seemed to be a loop but then another track that was not used so much. Please tell us your experiences with the park.

• 1 year later...
Oh we are only kidding but we would pay good money for a piece of that track as its something to tell the kids. We have been all over the world to Disneylands and funparks but this one just captured a childs mind, it was special bright, bubbly, it made you feel good. The train ride took you away from the real world, deep into the heart of the park where you could forget the world existed. I have many hundreds of photos of Leisureland although they do have family members in many of the, they still provide a very good history of the park. We must have visited the park 200+ times in its short existance. What ever happened to the trains, they were really something. Quite long infact and the carriage up the front where you could put Eskies, bags and stuff like that. I believe the train had two sets of tracks, it could go one way or the other, there seemed to be a loop but then another track that was not used so much. Please tell us your experiences with the park.
Hi I actually just visited the old LeisureLand site last week. I know the community who have purchased the site & I was in the area so I decided to visit. I never knew that it was once part of an amusement park years ago, although the name of the street & the size of the building made me wonder. I went inside the castle-looking building that is absolutely MASSIVE inside. I only went up into the first floor, as there was some work going on on the ground floor. But yeah it's got a massive open area with red carpet & what looked like a kitchen/ buffet serving area with toilets on both ends. It's a bit of a mess & pretty exciting to explore. It is amazing at all the history associated with the site & I would love to know more. I am very interested to see photos if you are able to post some up that would be fantastic. I just cannot imagine how Leisureland looked like & especially how the castle looking building looked like back in the day & what it's use was. As for the train tracks I did not see any, maybe the grass has covered it but I'm sure that place would have been great fun back in the day. If anyone knows anything about this place I would love to know & share it to the community who bought it. Cheers!

I just discovered this facebook group which has photos of the place: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8518705119 (God bless Facebooks' popularity and sheer number of groups these days) The coaster looks odd though, at least it means Thunderbolt wasn't our only Japanese style 'jet coaster'. (Photos below stolen from the page) post-88-1264508328_thumb.jpg post-88-1264508345_thumb.jpg post-88-1264508364_thumb.jpg post-88-1264508380_thumb.jpg post-88-1264508397_thumb.jpg post-88-1264508413_thumb.jpg post-88-1264508431_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gazza

• 7 years later...

I remember going to Leisureland Fair as a kid, but pretty much only remember spending time on the train and in the pool.

I remember being in awe of the rollercoaster at the time, but wasn't allowed to ride it.

As a matter of interest, this little article was posted on the Herald-Sun website recently. Highlights a few brief points on some of the former theme/fun parks that were around back in the day of Victoria. Sadly I missed the hey day of most them:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/outer-east/melbournes-forgotten-theme-parks-what-happened-to-them/news-story/f522f6bf1558323a0e438b6f5391f7d2#itm=newscomau|home|nca-homepage-news-plus-story|2|heading|homepage|homepage&itmt=1497492329594

• 1 year later...

Hey guys and girls, new to the forum but managed to come across it while searching for photos of Leisureland when it was still up and running. Ironically enough, my step-brother now owns the land it was situated on. Absolutely huge property. Pretty cool to see some of the pictures of the coaster and waterslides that were once there!