Blacktown City Council & The Rooty Hill Festivals

last night i was the annual Blacktown City Festival, which i attended, blacktown council holds about three concerts a year at the Rooty Hill "hill" basically they offer free rides an fireworks show. i believe the last few concerts have been improved because of wonderlands closure. The rides at the concert where much better, or should i say simliar to wonderlands ex attractions, they had a inverted swinging ride like bountys! the last concert they had a ride like dragons flight, an these rides are free! thats really wierd coming from a local council. usually they have the odd jumping castle, but these new rides there bringing in are rides you would pay about $5 for at the easter show or evan $6. is the council regretting they didnt do enough to stop the closure of wonderland?. remember that Rooty Hill is only 2minutes from wonderland! what do people think about this?

Portable rides are just as safe, if not safer than permanent rides, IMO. (various reasons, one being they by being continually dissassembled, the insides of the rides are continually inspected unlike static rides) What was this swinging ship ride? was it a double ranger? or was it 'Top Gun' (single armed)? Can you tell us what other rides were there?

yeah it was a doubled armed ride.They seem really safe,but the only problem was the ride operators dont check harnesses as much as wonderland did.As soon as you sit down you have to clip your own harness in and within seconds the rides on its way.I guess this was they get through the crowds quicker. Im not sure of the other names of the rides but there where rides like lunar park has, and rides you would see at the eastershow they aslo had dodgems, which was really stupid because your not allowed to hit other cars on purpose, if you did you were banned from the ride!. next concert is on Australia Day 2006 i wonder what new attractions they will have than. they aslo had one of the big slides, which is more for the littlies. and im not 5 so i wouldnt go on it lol