Total Thrills - the present, past and future!

Richard

You'll have all gotten a copy of this in your email account. I thought I'd post it here, just in case.

G’day Everyone! This is the first time I’ve done a mass email to all members of Total Thrills, and I don’t plan on doing them much. We’ve now got over 1300 posts, and 63 registered members. We’ve had conversations about everything from what The Matrix will be, to the real facts about that unknown, unopened coaster, Orphan Rocker up at Katoomba. More recently, you might have noticed that members have been going crazy over a potential new attraction at Wonderland Sydney. The forums are steadily growing, and I think you’ll all agree is the main focus of the site. I started Total Thrills over a year ago. Originally, it wasn’t a coaster-focused site. I had sections on all sorts of things, from skiing to rock climbing to parachuting. Eventually, that idea died, and I started again, focusing entirely on Australian coasters and theme parks. Let’s just say it worked quite well. The current incarnation of the forums has been online for a year this month. Popularity is growing, and it’s all thanks to you guys. Many of you haven’t posted much, if at all, which is what I’m asking you to do. Come along to www.totalthrills.com/forums, log in with your username and password (if you’ve forgotten you can ask the system, or me), and get posting! There aren’t too many rules, no Nazi moderators, and a lot of cool people out to have a good time. If you know anyone who would benefit from this site, let them know. As I’ve said before, the more the merrier. There’s places I’d love to take the site and in particular the community, but to do it, we need more people – Australian or otherwise. Thanks everyone for your support. You’ve all helped to make this the most popular Australian thrill-related site on the internet. Cheers! -Richard

Sorry for being a little big off topic but I just noticed... Hey Flea; Just noticed your new pic and had to ask what is it that has got you sooo against Vekoma?? I mean all we have out here are two of the most prolific clones there are out there but they still do some nice work and not all their coasters are exactly CRAP :-) And Richard...THANKS HEAPS, Keep up the great work, the forum is GREAT!

Hey its cool for whatever you want to put as your avatar...just curious as to why... and now I see, basically your saying you don't like to roughness of Demon and LW. I myself didn't find LW that rough but hey thats just me. I think the thing about Demon is that its getting on in age and so starting to wear, same thing with its clone at Knotts. Just don't fall into the trap of hating Vekoma in general because of a couple examples... its like Arrow. Apart from Xcel, Corkscrew is still the smoothest coaster Ive ever ridden to this day. But the coaster at Circus in Vegas was as rough as guts!! Now as for DJV at SFMM its damn fast, damn smoothe and damn fine HEHEHE Vekoma do turn out some quality stuff, hopefully you can get on some real coaters in the US one day :-) I dont know how Im gonna go back to the aussie parks now.

Hey its cool for whatever you want to put as your avatar...just curious as to why...   and now I see, basically your saying you don't like to roughness of Demon and LW. I myself didn't find LW that rough but hey thats just me. I think the thing about Demon is that its getting on in age and so starting to wear, same thing with its clone at Knotts.
Demon is actually very smooth, try getting early morning rides on that thing.. it'd make you wonder if your riding a Beemer or a Vekoma :) ~Flea

I mean all we have out here are two of the most prolific clones there are out there but they still do some nice work and not all their coasters are exactly CRAP
Which clones are you talking about. The first is of course the bommer at Wonderland. But if you are talking about Leathal Weapon, then you are wrong. It is the first of that layout built in the world in 1995, although it was based on another style, but had the helix added to make it one of a kind when opened. The track has since been copied overseas, but this one was the first OF THIS TRACK LAYOUT built in the world.

Oh yes of course Thunder Lethal Weapon (which was what I was refering to) was unique when it opened I was more generalising and talking about the SLC model as a whole. To be honest I do quite like LW and prefer it to its B&M cousin which would obviously be the Batman Beemer. Thanks for correcting me with the facts.