Batman: Begins

Which would you rather dreamworld_rulz, standing in a boring queue line, or being semi-entertained through some sort of pre-ride experience? I agree its not much, but I'd prefer to be waiting in the library, rather than standing in the queue out the front or seeing a movie like they showed in WWF and Leathal Weapson. It's not much, but its better than nothing.

But you cant watch the batman ride and I personally would rather be in the library, specially if it was hot as outside. Might be boring but at least your brain wont be fried from the sun and it's not that bad..the ride is a little rough, they need to install something to hold onto besides under your seat, specially in that front row.

The Batman cinemotion needs upgrading.I went on it once and thought it was boring.Why do they make u wait in that stupid library?
They give the pre-show because otherwise the ride's story wouldn't make sense. It also makes things a bit more entertaining, and makes the whole ride experience longer then it would've been if it was just the simulator by itself.

Which would you rather dreamworld_rulz, standing in a boring queue line, or being semi-entertained through some sort of pre-ride experience?  
im with dreamworldrulz on this one... im yet to have any worth while pre ride experience. most are boring and repetitive. in my mind you dont get in line for a some sort of pre ride show, you get in line to go on the ride...because of that your bored till you actually get on the ride (no matter how good the pre ride thingo) There is only 1 sort of pre ride experience that makes me happy...thats when the line moves forward, or there is no line at all! i cant speak for the pre show on batman as i havent been to MW but no doubt if youve seen it once you dont want to again :rolleyes:

i cant speak for the pre show on batman as i havent been to MW but no doubt if youve seen it once you dont want to again  :rolleyes:
I would have to disagree 100%. I really dislike the majority of pre-ride experiences unless it's just a simple themed queue line, like what the Tower of Terror had before it was left to its own device. Batman would be one of the only rides where the pre-ride experience doesn't irritate me. The Leathal Weapon and WWF movies got very repetative if you had to see them more than once a year. Batman's is the same each time, but it really does fit into the story. If they're trying to make the simuluator there for a particular reason, they can't very well open the doors, say nothing and let you take your seat. IMO Batman has excellent themeing before the actual ride and I don't mind going through it over and over.

Yeah I agree, the Batman pre-ride does add quite alot to the ride. Having to watch a movie over and over again in the pre-ride of WWF and and Lethal Weapon like they used to doesn't really emmerse you into the ride experience at all. But walking through Wayne Manor and then through the Batcave is what makes the ride and sets up for the whole simulator experience. And this is the objective I believe of any themepark - to transport you out of reality into another world - and so the pre-ride part of Batman I think is very important and worth going through several times.

I could appreciate the deliberate step that they took away from the original four films. I watched the original Batman on TV the same night. Batman Begins is in many ways a superior film. The reference at the end to the Joker (and thus the original film) was to me one of the few low points of the film. If continuity is what they were after, then they're asking us to ignore the fact that Batman Begins and Batman both offer different stories of how Bruce's parents were killed. I think the new film is personally my favourite of the five (having said that, Burton's two are nothing short of masterpieces), but it needs to be viewed as its own separate film, entirely separate from those of last decade.