An interesting video I found...

Flea

No it didn't. Our Aussie designed rides have proved the test of time of being some of the best built rides around. Considering we have so many Aussie built rides, it's interesting now that I think about it that the last few incidents of structural failure have been on Italian and US built rides. I think Arthur's Seat chairlift may have been Swiss designed. PS. I agree fully with your positive review of the place though, it may be a small park compared to the biggies on the Goldcoast, but what a refreshing change! Anyway, I'll write about my positive impressions of Aussieworld in that post some other time.

Huss that is a STUPID thing to say. That child died as a result of the forces of the ride (and because his MORON parent put him on the ride) and not because of any sort of structural or mechanical failure. Have an argument on the topic sure but don't use silly comments to prove your point.

Actually, I hate to say it but I am of the mind of Huss here. While park versions have a general inspection every day, and an annual maintenance - annually - the carney versions are constantly being pulled apart to the last nut and bolt, and put back together again. So long as the carnies follow a few simple rules - the carny versions of rides should be as safe if not safer that park versions THE RULES 1. Always replace broken, damaged or missing parts with parts supplied or authorised by the manufacturer, and nothing that is sub standard, or non-approved 2. Each nut, bolt, screw, lockpin etc should be checked by two separate people, and a checklist should be kept to ensure non are overlooked. 3. All mountings and parts etc (fibreglass moulds etc) should be checked xrayed regularly for structural integrity. 4. Safety checks should still be performed daily, as thoroughly as any park maintenance crew would do so, and should be shut down halfway through its operating day for a quick 30 minute inspection to ensure nothing is wearing down really fast, so it can be repaired, or closed, before a major accident. I dont think those 4 rules are too unreasonable to ask of the carnies, and It would lift the reputation of their industry immediately.