Aussie World And Ettamogah Pub - Landsborough Qld

The theme at Aussie World is simply all things Aussie. They have updated lately with a few rides that sort of don't fit the theme precisely, but it is still a very impressive park, for it's size. There is also talk of new rides, with an expected 3 new attractions before christmas. Probably the thing I was most impressed with, was the Rock N' Roll Rebel, so i'll start with that first... To go out on a limb, this ride borders on "scooby" quality, scaled down to the parks size. It is a ride similar to Taz (a trailer version im pretty sure - like Alpine Express). The ride is inside a room, so it comes under a "Dark ride" setting. The ride has Intelligent Moving lights, and neons, strobes and smoke machines to create a very nice "disco" atmosphere. The ride starts with a welcome, a few safety instructions, and a well mixed set of 50's and 60's rock n roll tunes, with a lightshow to match. Halfway through, the ride stops, reverses, with more tunes and lights. I have seen this ride at regional shows, and I am VERY impressed with what they turned it into. Its something that must be seen. One thing that must be remembered is that this is a small time park. it is not dreamworld or movie world, and it will take a lot before it ever will be. Some of their old "favourites" have been removed in recent times, with plans for more new and exciting stuff to come later on. They have swings, similar to Dragon's Flight, without the tilt, a Tilt-a-Whirl, Dodgems, what they claim is one of the largest ferris wheels in the country, a go-kart track (not very fast), a simulator (the Venturer Simulator seen at a few regional easter shows), in a permanent mounting, a Wild Mouse, a Swinging Ship (fixed), and an octopus ride (hard to describe, cross between taz devil, the sizzlercha cha and something else, not sure what model it is). The have a few small kiddie flats, and a putt putt golf course. It is good value with free entry, and tickets sold for rides either $1 per ticket, or $22 for 3 hours unlimited rides. (rides cost about 4-6 tickets each). We found the 3 hour unlimited ride to be quite good value, and the only disappointment was the rudeness from the food service staff at the eatery. Our Highlight (staff wise) was probably Jodie, who was running the simulatorticket booth window. She was nothing but helpful, friendly, cheery, and informative, filling us in on the new upcoming attractions. To come soon will be some form of theatre (with a twist?) and rumored to be another (fixed?) coaster to go along with the portable wildmouse. and another one---? Construction was present all around the park, but this did not interrupt or inconvenience our day one bit, which was surprising for the works that were going on. it is more a park that must be visited to be enjoyed, and no TR could describe the enjoyment we had. We had a number of people with us, with varying levels of "thrillseeking" in them, and we managed to go on most rides together, althought most are spin-and-spew... The staff are for the most part a friendly bunch, and really do enjoy their jobs. Not much more I can say right now, until i think of more, here are some pics!

no idea.... but being that the attraction that it is replacing was called Water Wars, i'd say its gunna be SOMETHING to do with water... my hunch is it will be more of a picniceating area that will be nicely landscaped... but who knows? no sign of the ghost train, but theres only two places it could be if it was still standing - and thats the current location of rock n roll rebel, or the soon to be theatre...?

yes - but there was no evidence of demolition or anything like that, it looked like vacant land, that was used to house the equipment used to build rock n roll rebel etc. it was heavily churned up with caterpillar tracks etc criss crossing it all, but having said that, yes it is a great location for future expansion! because at the moment rock n roll rebel is in one little corner, and is all by itself. there is nothing in front of it to make it an attraction, and it didnt even appear on the map! so they need more there to attract guests, as we nearly missed the whole experience!

I have had a very positive impression of Aussieworld on both occasions I've visited - the place is exceptionally well managed: ride operation staff very courteous, very fresh food, and immaculately maintained grounds. It was a great refreshment to the larger Goldcoast parks I had been to a few days before. The Wild Mouse alone is well worth stopping in for. (quite a rarity on the international scale of original Wooden Wild Mouse). Like every other ride in Aussieworld, it was beautifully maintained, and definitely the fastest wild / mad mouse I had ever ridden. (the cars just fly!) Some of you may be interested to know that the swinging ship there was the one which used to be in Grundy's on the Goldcoast. The A-frame was built for it in Aussieworld, as when it was in Grundy's it was actually bolted to an overhead beam, on the centre roof.

Wasn't it at TOPS in the Myer center in Brisbane?

The Wild Mouse alone is well worth stopping in for. (quite a rarity on the international scale of original Wooden Wild Mouse). Like every other ride in Aussieworld, it was beautifully maintained...
I totally agree there on two counts; one the wild mouse is well worth stopping in for on its own, and the other rides appear very well looked after. I guess when I went I was expecting something rather run down and sad looking, but the place was a real delight. Seriously, one of the best flat ride collections in Aus, wooden mouse (the first wooden coaster I've enjoyed I might add), well maintained grounds, a giant pub out the front, and the most relaxed atmosphere that has ever existed in a park, how can you go wrong?

Sorry just having a Grundy's flashback... I used to love that place when I was really young. They had the best Ghost Train I have ever been on... really high quality. It would be great if Aussie World ended up getting Grundy's ghost train too but I get the feeling that ride was totally demolished when they closed

• 3 weeks later...

I've been there once but the whole place was closed, wasn't too bad really. Good to hear that stuff is happening with it though as that place is probably what all the locals around there goto as the next closest would be the big pineapple and after that the gold coast.

About a 90min/2 hour drive depending on traffic. Get up to the Sunshine Coast early, and see if you can squeeze in Aussie World, Aussie Zoo, and (if its open) the Big Pineapple into one day. I'd reccomend staying up at the Sunny Coast overnight and check out all of those as well as Underwater World, as they are all good half day attractions.

Well my parents are thinking of staying 1½ week's at the Gold Coast and going to all the Themeparks, then spending another 1½week's travelling up to the Sunshine Coast & on the way we are staying 2 nights at Brisbane, going to the Dick Johnson Racing Museum, Aussie Zoo (steve eriwen), maybe Aussie World, maybe Big Pineapple & maybe Underwater World! :) It sounds like a really good trip, just cant wait till get the confirment from my parents work places so they can have the time off, so we can go! :D