Track has arrived at Movie World!

Adam

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Going on pics and also Liam's design above, this is what I've done in No Limits, just some basic screenshots. I haven't done the supports for the top-hat as yet. If anyone knows how to take a video from the simulation, please let me know post-189-1125925483_thumb.jpgpost-189-1125925525_thumb.jpgpost-189-1125925590_thumb.jpg[a ttachment=42:attachment]post-189-1125925694_thumb.jpgpost-189-1125925732_thumb.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just wondering if you could post the track file, it could be faster and better than downloading a video. Also, does anyone know if the indoor section has been built yet? I havent seen any pics of the two tube track they would use for those sections in the carpark, onsite etc. yet which leaves me wondering.

Just wondering if you could post the track file, it could be faster and better than downloading a video. Also, does anyone know if the indoor section has been built yet? I havent seen any pics of the two tube track they would use for those sections in the carpark, onsite etc. yet which leaves me wondering.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I posted the video's for those who don't have the simulation. What "two tube track" are you talking about? Also, we know that the indoor banked section is going over the top of the launch track, is any of the que line going to be underneath the overbank? (this would be fantastic) Or is the theming before the launch going to take up the whole building?. Edited by NatDog

Well, Inatmin has 3 track variations: 4 tube track: http://www.rcdb.com/ig2999.htm?picture=4 3 tube track: http://www.rcdb.com/ig2999.htm?picture=8 2 tube track: http://www.rcdb.com/ig2999.htm?picture=5 I imagine that 2 tube track would be used for the indoor sections becasue they would be fairly low speed so not as much stress would be on the track. So far I have only seen two tube track for the brake run, but i was expecting to see more of it onsite for the indoor sections.

In some Superman related news, the Warner Roadshow Studios on the Gold Coast will be getting some work out of the new Superman movie. I think this is mainly just for miniatures for visual effects, but nevertheless I think it would be really good if Movie World could keep these models after filming has completed and be able to display them somewhere - whether it be a future Movie Magic Tour of some description or just displays them around the ride or something, and even perhaps as a replacement to the Matrix exhibit. I am still really hoping that some of the sets and props from the film might be transported north from Sydney to be used as part of the ride theming up here at Movie World.

Happy 'Returns' for Oz's Gold Coast SYDNEY -- The Pacific Film and Television Commission, the Queensland-based state agency, announced Wednesday that it has used an incentive package to lure some work from Warner Bros. Pictures' "Superman Returns," which is shooting in Sydney, to the Gold Coast. The film, directed by Bryan Singer, will use facilities at Warner Roadshow Studios to create models for visual effects sequences. Queensland Minister for the Arts Rod Welford said the work would create almost 60 new jobs. PFTC CEO Robin James said in an interview that the inducement offered to "Superman Returns" was a precursor to the recent post-production incentive recently introduced by the agency, which will be introduced later this month. Full article found here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For those who want to know exactly how it works, here's how... Basically they're what we call "alloy pins" which are in hundreds of sets, and prior to the launch, they drop down so the train can pass the launch track. As soon as the train has left however, the pins pop back up again, so if a rollback occurs, the earth magnets on the train will interact with the alloy pins, causing the "leviathan" effect (I think it's that one, that is) causing the train to slow down, which is the same for Tower of Terror's e-brake, Giant Drop, Xcelerator, TTD.... and even Superman's braking section, except the alloy strips will be permanantly mounted, they will not drop, for obvious reasons. Oh, and as for actually being in heaps of TOT e-brakes, let me tell you it's always heaps of fun... :)

The second hill after the overbank is in and really looks quite amazing and appears as though it will provide for a great 'head-chopper' effect as it goes underneath the first hill. But there is only straight track leading to the brake run left in the carpark so the track is almost finished. Also the turn at the base of the second hill looks interesting as it drops and flattens out while over the building under the top hat and then drops again as it drops down to the level of the first banked turn after the top hat. This ride absolutely surpasses my original expectations and I really look forward to riding this absolutely stunning ride.

Edited by matty_o_911

Both Channel Seven and Ten (not sure about Nine) showed some stuff about the opening of Shrek today and they also took the chance to show off Superman. Channel Seven by far had the most stuff on Superman, showing the trains (which look different than I imagined) and also a curve in the inside track within the building. They also showed a nice view looking along the launch track looking from within the show building outside. I am so glad I was watching the news tonight!

Over the shoulder restraints I think. Damn, I was hoping for lapbars. They were covered in a plastic sheet, but from the quick shot they showed of them they seemed yellowish in colouring and the restraints I think looked red. I could be wrong though, I was caught by surprise of the site of them. They do nevertheless look really good, and they have a pointy looking front end - though I was expecting to see the Superman logo there but I couldn't see it on the front.

Edited by matty_o_911

The trains have the new Rocket type OTSRs on them which I think Intamin are doing on all rides now regardless of if they have no inversions. Before we all go off the deep end by all acounts the OTSRs have no impact on airtime and the over the shoulder part of the restraint is more of a 'cage' than something that pushes on your shoulders.