Track has arrived at Movie World!

Adam

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow great update. Just wondering, will Movie World be permitting photo updates to continue of the progress within the building and theming etc, or will they be wanting to keep it all secret until opening? I personally don't want to wait until December to see inside the building and would think it would be a good idea for Movie World to allow all of us devoted fans to follow the progress of the ride and also give us a chance to have a first hand look into the process of creating something like this. I must admit though that I thought it was a bit unfair for Movie World to let the news channels broadcast images the other night from within the show building and also show pictures of the trains before any pictures like that have showed up on websites like this one. Movie World should be more generous to its avid enthusiasts (a webcam showing construction would have been nice).

Nah, broadcasters promote the ride to a much bigger demographic. :D Not just a niche group of fans... like us. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes I know this and it makes complete sense - however I still think Movie World should try and strengthen relationships with our smaller niche group. It doesn't take much effort on their behalf - they easily could have released online artists conception images of the ride and/or simulated videos such as what many of the US parks do on their official sites.
Roller-Coaster.com.au was invited to attend the media event however I was unable to attend. Blame me, not Movie World for that lack of coverage.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not blaming anyone for lack of coverage because I personally think that the coverage offered on this site as well as others has been extremely good. My main point I guess was that Movie World shouldn't have waited until the Shrek media day to invite photos being taken from inside the show building and could easily have in the last few months allowed people like yourself directly onto the construction site and within the building itself to take photos. I can understand that Movie World wants to keep an element of surprise - but I'm just impatient and can't wait that long, lol. I just feel that Movie World needs to acknowledge that it has loyal and avid fans out there that are very interested in what they are doing. It was clear earlier in the year with the banning of photos online that Movie World doesn't really care all that much for us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The latest update is now up on the main page. Naturally, because groundwork outside is temporarily wrapping up there is little to see other than reaffirmation that the track is completed. http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/gallery.php?gid=115 Nonetheless, with two months til opening it is good to at least get a look at what's going on at regular intervals.

• 3 weeks later...

Well today I went to Movie World and I was so glad I did! When the bus pulled into Movie World I noticed a yellow train sitting at the top of the first camel hump and almost passed out. Today they were continuing with a slow pull-through of the front two cars of the train, which I'm assuming had been going on for the last day or two. And to indicate slow - at 10am it was at the top of the first camel hump, by closing at 5pm it was sitting in the inside overbank. Luckily though I was there the few times during the day that they slowly moved it. Most of the time it was tied into position on the track and was connected to a crane that slowly let it slide down the hill. Watching it go in through the hole in the building for the overbank for probably the first time ever I guess felt like a bit of an honour for me, though it would have been good to have gone yesterday and perhaps seen it go over the top hat for the first time. But yeah, very exciting to see that they are finally sending the train around - and I guess proper testing should be starting quite soon.

GREAT NEWS GUYS I won a competition at work, and I will be the 1ST of 20 (train fits 20) to ride SUPERMAN im so happy. and all the money went to sick kids which is a great cause. Anyway here is this week update featuring the train going around the track, up the top hat so awesome too see is it DECEMBER yet http://ozcoaster.net/index.php?option=com_...&id=39&Itemid=2 Ian:)