Track has arrived at Movie World!

Adam

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't see why it's that bad. All of Movie World's current roller coasters (ex. Scooby-Doo) only have two trains and they operate fine. It also depends on how many block zones a ride has - Superman would only have one main block (from the launch to brake run), which means it can only have one train running on the track at a time. Having more than two or three trains would be pointless.

Superman will be more like Scooby-Doo in that it has a non-traditional slow section prior to the coaster section. This effectively acts as no less than one major block. The fundamentals of block design basically state that the first must be the longest (in length of time) and they must get subsequently shorter. That said, it's obvious that the longest section of track (like Scooby-Doo) will be the pre-launch ride section. That said, the ride is therefore capable of operating three trains simultaneously. Throw in on top of that things like separate load/unload stations and you have a ride capable of no less than four trains. I see Superman as being a ride that will need to run two trains day-in day-out to maintain any sort of effective efficiency. It's not like Lethal Weapon or other large-scale rides where upon dispatching the train, it's only two minutes away and as such single-train operation is suitable. We're looking at a ride more like Scooby-Doo where ride length is much longer, and time between dispatch will be exponentially longer. Two trains to me is necessary on any normal day, but I can also see things becoming stretched on any peak day with less than three trains operating.

Cool, I wasn't aware what the slow section would entail but it sounds like it'll be rather interesting.

That said, it's obvious that the longest section of track (like Scooby-Doo) will be the pre-launch ride section.
So do you think the section of track before the launch will be longer than the track after the launch (i.e. the top hat and all camel humps)?
I swear last time I was at MW sd had atleast 3-4 trains?
Yep, it has 18 trains. (In my above post it says "(ex. Scooby-Doo)" - you probably read this as "example" but it's supposed to stand for "excluding"). Edited by Adam

The ride queue I think will be around the front of the park - perhaps using the old movie magic queue. I think the last set of Ozcoaster photos pointed out a path being added in that region. As for where the path enters the building, I'm not sure - but I believe I can say that the exit is in the Chinatown area leading to Lethal Weapon. When I was there last - the door with the stairs leading up to it was open and they had put up a wall creating a path from the door leading in the lethal direction or the area where the Superman track reenters the building after the breakrun for the station.