Track has arrived at Movie World!

Adam

Today Superman was testing! I was walking out the exit of Batman near the shop and heard an unusual noise and turned to look up and saw the entire train flying over the top of the top hat. I promtly hurried out to the fountain and watched it do the remainder of the track. I stood around for about half an hour plus (it was right at the end of the day) and watched them continuously testing - I must have seen it go around about 8-10 times and all I can saw is wow! It is actually really quiet - after seeing the brake fins lowered, the cable makes a bit of a whiring noise and then the train glides really smoothly up the launch and then makes a slight roaring noise as it goes up the top hat and the rest is very quiet. It just seems to glide around the track - and compared to Lethal this thing looks really smooth. For a rollercoaster fan, this was such an amazing feeling - I had no idea I'd get to see it and I got such a rush of adrenaline just from watching it. I've said it before and I'll say it again - when this opens on December 26, Movie World will control the theme park scene in Australia. Just looking around at how amazed the rest of the crowd gathering around the fountain was, this will definately do great things for Movie World.

Edited by matty_o_911

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not loving the look of the trains. They look like lego and not very modern. Is there more work to be done on them yet? Some sort of a paint job besides 'yellow'? And are there 1 or 2 cars missing off the back?
Same here, I'm wasn't a big fan of Storm Runner's trains and was hoping that they weren't going to be like them but alas they are exactly the same. Yellow just doesn't sit right with the overall theming of the ride.

ok omg omg omg lol i just saw the add.... and well it aint as good as i had hoped for! its still great and all but mmm. and also was i wrong, or was superman going to be opening on the 16th... because on the add it says launching december 26th (boxing day) oh and they must have filmed the testing as well because from what i saw the footage was of superman and not xcellerator, but i was too exited to take full notice lol