Track has arrived at Movie World!

Adam

when they testing the ride with people on it? they should have competition to be a rider when they test it with people on, or do they use wieghts to simulate the wieght of passengers??
Village has a promo going. http://www.villagecinemas.com.au/specialof...aloffer_359.htm Edited by dreamworld_rulz

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

p.s is everyone downunder getting excited about this great ride
You bet pal ! Superman Escape IS the reason I bought annual passes for myself and my 2 kids, sure Lethal Weapon's an awesome ride, the kids love Scooby Coaster, Wild West Falls and the lame-ass kiddie stuff in the looney tune village, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm an adrenaline junkie and a coaster-junkie.... Superman escape will GO OFF - awesome ride short as it may be, but hey..... life's too short not to be a buzz-junkie like me wife.. (the yawn meister)

Roller-Coaster.com.au was invited to attend the media event however I was unable to attend. Blame me, not Movie World for that lack of coverage. :)
Hey Richard, I live in Nerang and for the sake of a publicity stunt and getting into the limelight and maybe even scoring a pre-opening ride, I can ALWAYS make myself and my digital camera, even mini-DV camcorder available, I'm easy given a little bit of notice :P
who here is going to the opening??
opening day, boxing day or whatever, I'll be there with my 2 daughters, looookin' back at yas gettin' first ride :D

• 2 weeks later...

The ride opens December 26. Short of winning any of the various competitions that have been running for the ride, this will be your first chance to ride Superman Escape. Wherever possible we try to cover events so that you guys get a closeup look at these things before you can check it out in person. Sometimes we can't attend (our schedule, parks' agenda etc.), and the best we can do is hope to cover the attraction at a later date once it's open to the public.

The ride opens December 26. Short of winning any of the various competitions that have been running for the ride, this will be your first chance to ride Superman Escape. Wherever possible we try to cover events so that you guys get a closeup look at these things before you can check it out in person. Sometimes we can't attend (our schedule, parks' agenda etc.), and the best we can do is hope to cover the attraction at a later date once it's open to the public.
Hey Richard, if your schedule doesn't allow you to attend, send me an email or call me, I'm flexible and can take your place for any special event, digital camera in hand, especially if it means a pre-opening ride :D (we got annual passes & live in nearby Nerang, quite possibly the closest person on this site to MW, unless we got some people here that live in Helensvale or Studio village :o that's close almost superman close <_< ).

The official Movie World website has added Superman to the list of attractions. Most notable is the addition of a couple of ride facts that might not have been previously known, eg that the ride time is 1 minute 40 seconds.

RIDE FACTS 760 metres of vertical climbs, weightless drops, head spinning twists and giant G-force turns. You travel from 0 - 100 kms per hour in two seconds. Height of the top hat section is 40 metres. Weight of a fully loaded train with 20 riders is 9,100 kgs. Maximum G force in the vertical plane is in excess of 4. Time to complete Superman Escape is 1 minute and 40 seconds. RIDER REQUIREMENTS Minimum height requirement is 140 cm. Maximum height restriction is 196 cm. Safety restrictions prohibit guests with certain medical conditions from entering. Please check signage at the entrance to the queue area.
Yay, 300th post. Edited by matty_o_911

By the looks of it, Movie World has increased ticket prices by a couple of dollars for 2006 following Superman. Now $62 for adults and $40 for children. Annual pass prices seemed to have increased to to about $155 - what it was previously I can't remember but I didn't think it was that much. Dreamworld I think has also increased prices by the same margin.

By the looks of it, Movie World has increased ticket prices by a couple of dollars for 2006 following Superman. Now $62 for adults and $40 for children. Annual pass prices seemed to have increased to to about $155 - what it was previously I can't remember but I didn't think it was that much. Dreamworld I think has also increased prices by the same margin.
MW pass was $150.00 and DW was $165

Just an observation - Cedar Point had huge troubles keeping simple rubber tyres attached to their trains on Top Thrill Dragster. Now, that ride may be significantly faster than Superman, but the forces exerted during the elements of the ride match those on Dragster, so in effect there's no difference, aside from Superman being subject to these forces for shorter periods of time. After that incident I wouldn't be in any great hurry to attach seemingly more delicate fibreglass figures to the backs of the trains. Fingers crossed though. Either for safety or for that inevitable amateur video footage, taken by an unsuspecting visitor, of Superman coming to life and flying through the sky in the general direction of the studios.

Amazing that the ride can keep the passengers safely in, but it has trouble keeping themeing attached, I think the problem with keeping tyres on is the fact they are only attached in the middle, and are rather heavy, and are unsuported at the sides, so a lot of stress would be on the anchorage point, however with the superman statue it would be a bit easier to bolt it on in more places. Im guessing with the MRT logo means something like "Metropolis rapid transport", or "Metropolis rail Transit" or something along those lines, but it would have looked better if at least the front car of the train had the superman logo as the main feature. Just a question with the 196 cm height limit, roughly how many people would be excluded from riding?