Track has arrived at Movie World!

Adam

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Surely those photos on IMDb and the link Adam gave are not of Superman at Movie World. If it is they might want to get the people who painted the track back in and redo the job as it looks like it's already worn down through the paint to the metal of the track. Even Demon didn't wear through the paint that quickly. "The Bus is now leaving for The Painted Peak, Queensland"

Surely those photos on IMDb and the link Adam gave are not of Superman at Movie World. If it is they might want to get the people who painted the track back in and redo the job as it looks like it's already worn down through the paint to the metal of the track. Even Demon didn't wear through the paint that quickly. "The Bus is now leaving for The Painted Peak, Queensland"
Nah the tracks were like that before they were installed. Have a look at some of the pics here or on Ozcoaster of the track pieces when they were sitting out in the carpark before being installed and you'll see that on each rail there is a strip without paint on top, to the side and under the rail.

Intamin coasters coat the tracking section of the rails in a different paint compound that is grey in colour. It's a very rough, matte coat that holds up better over time. As for Intamin's smoothness (which, it's interesting to note, is a very different feeling of smoothness from other manufacturers such as B&M), it's a combination of a few things, the most important of which is track engineering. Other factors that come into play include the design of the trains (independant bogies follow the track precisely unlike older coasters), suspension and comfortable and padded seating.

If you have ever felt grip tape on a skateboard thats what the grey strips on the track are like. BTW my 3 rides on thursday, the last one was in front seat and i still cant get the image of dropping and swinging to the right, out of my head such a awesome feeling. If you havent already read my review here it is. http://ozcoaster.net/index.php?option=com_...&id=54&Itemid=2

Coasterinterview.jpg Hi guys, are you sick of reading reviews, newspaper and all the other educated stuff or uneducated with bad gammer when I type.. Well now you dont due to the magic of Audio and the Internet. Earlier this week I was a guest of Coasterradio.com and reviewed on air Australia's New King of Coasters as well as other great Aussie stuff like beer. Download the Show HERE http://libsyn.com/media/coasterradio/coasterradio_133.mp3 Ian:)