What can be done for LPS?

Does anybody have any ideas to improve my beloved LPS other than burning the place to the ground? Surely this fantastic part of Sydney's history can be financially viable without becoming a conference centre/cinema/shopping mall? There is a large building that serves no purpose what-so-ever that was destined to become a restraunt/nightclub that could easily hold indoor attractions and there is huge area out the back in Maloney's Corner that could be used for rides. Even next to the Tumblebug there is a fair sized area for a ride. Sure, the area in Maloney's Corner is going to be used for rental rides during the holidays but seeing as this lineup includes the ever changing, always amazing Dominator, I don't think that management really have that great an idea of what to do with the place. The best thing they ever did was hire the Hard Rock for the 2004/5 Christmas Holidays but it'll never happen again with a cost of $8-10k per day. Can anything be done to save my precious source of income?

• 1 year later...
Does anybody have any ideas to improve my beloved LPS other than burning the place to the ground? Surely this fantastic part of Sydney's history can be financially viable without becoming a conference centre/cinema/shopping mall? There is a large building that serves no purpose what-so-ever that was destined to become a restraunt/nightclub that could easily hold indoor attractions and there is huge area out the back in Maloney's Corner that could be used for rides. Even next to the Tumblebug there is a fair sized area for a ride. Sure, the area in Maloney's Corner is going to be used for rental rides during the holidays but seeing as this lineup includes the ever changing, always amazing Dominator, I don't think that management really have that great an idea of what to do with the place. The best thing they ever did was hire the Hard Rock for the 2004/5 Christmas Holidays but it'll never happen again with a cost of $8-10k per day. Can anything be done to save my precious source of income?
your such a dag aiden get a real job instead of yelling at some poor kids on the dodgems or the rotor get a life dude

your such a dag aiden get a real job instead of yelling at some poor kids on the dodgems or the rotor get a life dude
You just dredged up an almost 2 year old topic so that you could pay out on someone who you obviously have some issues with. To be honest though I completely agree with SuperSpruikers comments - even 2 years on everything he said is still the same. The brasserie building at the front of the park is still empty, there are no new rides and they still bring in craptacular temporary rides like the Dominator during holiday seasons. I wonder if anything will ever change there?

except logistically, Disney would never in their right mind settle on a parcel of land as small as that is - there is very little parking, very little back of house areas for operations, and Cal Screamin - even a mini one, would run from the bridge to maloneys point without ever gaining altitude. Nup - Disney learnt from the original Disneyland - own the land - all of it - everywhere - that way when you need more of it - you already own it.

If I had a genie....LPS wouldn't still be the smelly, expensive collection of carny rides that it still is. LPS isn't too bad I guess it's just that, personally, I don't partcularly like most carnivals/fairs or the majority of the rides that they provide. Just IMO i think that carnivals have expensive food which usually ain't that spectacular, the rides are nothing to write home about and usually consist of spinning...pretty much just continual spinning without much point/thrill, you have to pay for seperate rides even after the hefty entrance fee, and lacks the theming and special feeling which a theme park provides. This is pretty much the Easter Show all over, which is why I don't particularly enjoy that either. I guess I've kinda been spoiled by being to some great theme parks and been on some great rides which could only be in a theme park. Sorry I went a bit off topic there...just explaining my opinion so I'm not going to be bombarded by people with comebacks. Once again, It's just my opinion...

Thats pretty much what I think too, flat rides are OK, but just "OK" if you get what I mean. I find particularly with the rides that involve horizontal spinning that they are fun for the first minute or so, and then you just feel sick. Normally they provide back up to key attractions at a park (Eg at DW with the flat rides in Ocean Parade) but at LP they comprise pretty much all the line up. Its funny how at both LPs the only real memorable rides are the old ones, the newer ones are just stock standard stuff. I would be happy if they just kept the mouse, rotor and coney island, and replaced the rest with higher quality rides with an authentic old time carnival theme (you would look closely at the way LP was in the past) Since the neighbours dont like outdoor coasters, perhaps they could rebuild things like the Ghost Train and the River Caves, which would be quiet. And build proper rides in Maloneys corner. But if they could somehow do a coaster, I would look at the compact types manufactuers such as Maurer Sohne and Gerstlauer are coming out with. Actually, I think Tony was on to something with the DCA idea, but I would base it more around the paradise pier part of the park, and not other Disney rides, to get that 1930s amusement park feel. And this is partially off topic, but all this LP talk made me inclined to have a look at some pics of Big Dipper (well, pic since rcdb has only one) and this is bordering on coaster nerdery, but if you have a look at this pic: http://www.rcdb.com/ig1141.htm?picture=1 you can see that when the ride was still at LP there were actually catwalks where the first set of block brakes would go, for some reason these never made it to DW. Maybe when it was at LP they actually ran two trains??? Edit: Oh wait, there wasn't a transfer table so having 2 trains would have been impossible.

Edited by Gazza

The catwalk parts were repainted in Cyclone's blue but never ended up installed. They were stored (and presumably still are) in one of Dreamworld's maintenance areas. I was told by the then-CEO that Dreamworld would be looking at adding a second train after around two years (this was back in early-2002). Of course with a CEO change around the two year mark it never did happen. Now going on six years since, I'd say it'll never happen. In regards to LPS, I'm quite against the idea of vastly recreating the park as anything other than a traditional amusement park. There's so much potential in the idea of a Coney Island style park in the 21st Century. Firstly rip out anything that could be attached to a trailer and build the place up from scratch with modern rides, but in a 1930s setting.