Superman

Obstructure

Thought I'd share a few details with you all that I found. Don't know if these have already been shared or not: Amusement Park: Warner Bros. Movie World Type: Steel - Sit Down Status: Under Construction opening 9/2005 Make / Model: Intamin AG / Accelerator Coaster Designer: Ingenieur Büro Stengel GmbH Lift / Launch System: Hydraulic Launch Height: 131' 3" Speed: 62.1 mph Max Acceleration: 0 − 62.1 mph in 2 seconds Elements: 131' 3" tall Top Hat − Outside Theme: The ride starts in a New York Subway where Lex Luthor appears and creates a earthquake. This earthquake causes a small launch into another room where Superman appears and takes the train to safety. History: Cost $12,000,000 AUD.

*sarcasm noted.* hmmm.... www.rcdb.com ?
Yeah, that's where I got it from. Not top secret information but not everyone may have known. Why has it been put back further? I would say looking at the progress at the moment there is no way it would be finished by September, considering how Movie World implements so much themeing, but why were things delayed so much?

If i remember correctly, Richard told us a december opening date months ago.

Yeah, that's where I got it from. Not top secret information but not everyone may have known.
Not everyone may have known about a website called RCDB? Not everyone may have known that information? Both thoughts are laughable, being that the coaster rails are already resting on the grass outside the WBMW gates. Last christmas, maybe, but not once the track is already onsite..... but just in case you still aren't sure that EVERYBODY KNEW.... lets check out this little search?
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9   Search took 0.03 seconds. Search: Key Word(s): rcdb, superman   Forum: Warner Bros. Movie World  29th-March-2005, 01:30 PM   Replies: 251  Superman: Ride of steel   Views: 6,813 Posted By MickeyD   Do we know for sure yet if Superman will or will... Do we know for sure yet if Superman will or will not have Inversions? The one in RCDB does? Anyway, I don't think it's all that important anyway. The Launch sounds like it will come as quite the...   Forum: Warner Bros. Movie World  27th-March-2005, 10:25 PM   Replies: 251  Superman: Ride of steel   Views: 6,813 Posted By Skipper   Just found this on Screamscape... Its a rehash of... Just found this on Screamscape... Its a rehash of whats on RCDB but it also gives away a bit more info on the track layout..... 2005 - Superman: The Ride - (3/25/05) Screamscape’s sources tell us...   Forum: Warner Bros. Movie World  25th-March-2005, 04:00 PM   Replies: 251  Superman: Ride of steel   Views: 6,813 Posted By Skipper   Ok so back to what this post is actually about -... Ok so back to what this post is actually about - The Superman Ride! RCDB has just been updatedwith some new info in regards to the rides storyline.... Theme: The ride starts in a New York Subway...   Forum: Warner Bros. Movie World  11th-March-2005, 03:25 PM   Replies: 108  ...and so it begins;   Views: 2,360 Posted By Adam   I mentioned before that RCDB are referring to the... I mentioned before that RCDB are referring to the ride as Superman: The Ride rather than "Superman Escape". RCDB have made the following addition... 'Superman: The Ride' may not be the proper name...   Forum: Warner Bros. Movie World  8th-March-2005, 09:47 PM   Replies: 108  ...and so it begins;   Views: 2,360 Posted By Adam   RCDB (http://www.rcdb.com/m/id2999.htm) have... RCDB (http://www.rcdb.com/m/id2999.htm) have added more details regarding the new superman attraction to their database. The attraction is still referred to as Superman: The Ride (as opposed to...   Forum: Site Issues  8th-January-2005, 07:03 AM   Replies: 119  Wonderbus2003   Views: 1,096 Posted By rabid disney   OMG as the 27year old around here I am pissing... OMG as the 27year old around here I am pissing myself laughing you guys are funny. And GBC I dont know you personally but why do you have to say stuff like "I have a kick a** job" do you feel that...   Forum: Warner Bros. Movie World  24th-December-2004, 05:20 AM   Replies: 140  New Ride Coming???   Views: 3,815 Posted By CstrzRock   It won't be superman! I am spreading this as... It won't be superman! I am spreading this as quick as I can. You heard it... 4th... lol.   1. RCDB 2. Screamscape 3. CF-INFO 4. You guys...   Forum: Warner Bros. Movie World  23rd-December-2004, 08:18 AM   Replies: 140  New Ride Coming???   Views: 3,815 Posted By Gazza   "Superman: the ride". Check rcdb. "Superman: the ride". Check rcdb.   Forum: Warner Bros. Movie World  23rd-December-2004, 08:01 AM   Replies: 45  Warner Village spends big bucks   Views: 703 Posted By Gazza   Rabid, storm runner cost $12.5 million USD but in... Rabid, storm runner cost $12.5 million USD but in this press release our ride is going to cost $12 million AUD so doesnt that mean that our ride wouldnt be as big? RCDB says that the ride is being...  
This news just in - ScreamScape reports that Disneyland will be refurbishing all of their major attractions for the upcoming 50th anniversary! PUH-LEASE

True, but this is one of the few places where all the information is together in the one place and easy to find. No harm in posting everything together in the one place. Early December is the slated opening time (for now) but things are subject to change. The expected opening date has been pushed up and down several times, so your best off just waiting until the park makes public when its meant to open.

I'm sure that if you contact them scott they will open it sooner or later depending on your plans. I think December is the most likely date to open a new ride as it is the peak period and they would want huge crowds in the park for the opening. Personally I think that it would be sensible to open it late October or early November so that any teething problems that will occur can be worked out before the peak. "The Bus is now leaving for Focal Peak, Queensland"

Ideally I think you'd want to have the teething problems sorted out prior to opening the ride. With Superman, a ride where technical problems can be expected given the history of the Intamin hydraulic coasters, we can expect to see it testing possibly months before opening, and then of course there are soft-openings in the days and weeks prior to official opening.

If i remember correctly, Richard told us a december opening date months ago. Not everyone may have known about a website called RCDB? Not everyone may have known that information? Both thoughts are laughable, being that the coaster rails are already resting on the grass outside the WBMW gates. Last christmas, maybe, but not once the track is already onsite..... but just in case you still aren't sure that EVERYBODY KNEW.... lets check out this little search? This news just in - ScreamScape reports that Disneyland will be refurbishing all of their major attractions for the upcoming 50th anniversary! PUH-LEASE
Um AlexB, I don't know what the deal with your arrogance is, but like Joz said, it is nice to have all of the details put together in the one place. As for people not knowing, again it shows another level of how rediculous your post is by jumping to the conclusion that I thought no one knew about the new ride, hahaha, nice one. 10 points for you. I am sure everyone knows about the ride, and even that there are pieces on site and construction has started (like you so kindly pointed out to us all, just incase we had forgotten). Not everybody might know all of the finer details which my initial post outlines, and even if you do know, again it puts all of the information about the ride into a nice neat little package for people to read. If you have a problem with it AlexB, don't bother reading it, or commenting negatively when in fact you have made yourself look quite silly. Now please wipe the egg off your face before it goes rotten. So anyway, back onto the topic, December sounds like a good period but as Richard said they should look to have some testing periods. Going into peak period with an untested ride with untested methods could result in bad efficiency and also a lot of downtime if there are problems with the operation. I know that at Dreamworld when the Claw was introduced, it took some time for them to decide which way the ride would be run most efficiently, as well as staffing etc for it.

I think most things have been summed up but I will throw something else out there for you all to ponder... Much of the scenic element is supposed to be coming from the Superman movie sets. This being the case the opening and progress of this part of construction is kind of dictated by teh progress of filming. If the movie gets delayed the ride will have to wait for the sets. The need for the ride to open on time is pretty insignificant when compared to a major motion picture. Technical problems in terms of the ride systems should be fairly minimal when compared with it's big brothers. Look at rides like Rita and Storm Runner, the smaller rockets open with minimal fuss because they are all on the Xcelerator scale where the technology is pretty solid now.

I have heard that the original sets will now not be used as previously stated. This is only a RUMOR at this stage, but the first that we heard of ride using sets from the movie was when part of the film was to be filmed in Queensland. Now that the film is not shooting in Queensland, the sets might not be the original, but recreations for the ride. Again all this is only rumor and we will have to wait and see when the ride opens.

Obstructure, My main point was that all that information, or direct links to that information have been posted NUMEROUS times already. in several "individual nice neat little packages" So since I'm so arrogant, heres another:

Well we all know about Kingda Ka, the ride is currently closed till further notice for those who are un-aware.
Paul, do you even stop and think before you type something like that..? you start off by saying WE ALL KNOW (which im sure, not all of us do) only to follow it up with "for those who are un-aware..... i mean - that kind of logic could explode a pentium processor.... check your wiring boy... its loose again

Interesting point there Thunder... Only problem is if they've budgeted around the sets from the movie (which one can only assume are going to be cheaper to incorporate than building from scratch) then it may not be financialy possible to do it another way. Then again I don't know the costs associated with modifying the movie sets to make them last in a permanant situation. For those that don't know, movie sets are usually built very 'cheap and nasty' and although they look great on film up close are actualy very slaped together and aren't built to last.

Just 1 more little note, as seen here: http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/sh...26803#post26803, not very many people know about the current Kingda Ka situation. But most people do, do you understand that? Some people (people like us, regular coaster junkies) may know, and some people who are newbies, come once and a while, may not know. Which is where that comment covers both.