What(In my opinon) Wonderland needs!

Guest Cokecool

Guest Cokecool

In this topic I'm listing the things I would like to see happen to wonderland(More than likely will never come true!). *Revise Hanna-Barbera Land, and The Beastie. *Give all rides a Face Lift. *Add a Stand-Up Coaster(B&M prefered). *Make the wildlife experece a Hole new park next to Wonderland. *Add a Shoot-The-Chute Ride. *Add a Arrow Looping Coaster. *Build a nice Raceing Wooden Roller Coaster. *Hand the park over to Paramount(Will More than likely NEVER Happen) *Add some flat rides(Like a Frisbee, Top Spin, Etc.) :rolleyes::D :shock:

In my opinion wonderland should model it's park on what the SixFlags Marineworld has done. I would look at getting a B&M floorless/Hypercoaster maybe a clone of Medusa or Nitro.Other coaster manufacturers tend not to stand the test of time and get rough and breakdown (Desperado Viper Demon Kong etc.)B&M coasters also have better capacity. However they wouldn't be going too wrong in getting a Intamin Or even a Chance Morgan Giga/Hyper coaster.

• 1 month later...

While clone rides are great fo the Australian population i think wonderland needs a first if its kind ride of any type to aim for an international crowd, Sydney is visited by millions of overseas tourists every year and multitudes of these never even hear of wonderland. A first of its kind would not only boost Wonderlands image but the image of Sydney if it was promoted Internationaly.

"Make the Wildlife Park a WHOLE new park next to Wonderland" -- I wouldn't even consider doing that.. That Wildlife park is a great bit for tourists and so forth. Closing it down or removing it away from Wonderland will be a total putdown. "Add an Arrow Looping Coaster" -- Why an Arrow Looping Coaster? Isn't there something better than that? Arrow Looping Coasters (Mega loopers, corkscrewers) are a bit old fashioned nowadays. There must be other better coasters to put in Wonderland, I doubt they'll even bother to get an Arrow Looper.. "Add some flat rides (Frisbee, Top spin, etc.)" -- Considering Wonderland has a whole abundance of flat rides, I don't think they need to go any further than Space Probe. But they could go for anything different which any other Australian park doesn't have. For example, the Frisbee you mentioned. "Build a mega racing wooden coaster" -- I don't think so. Just because Blackpool Pleasure Beach is one of the parks with the most wooden coasters, I don't really think Wonderland needs 3 (or 4). "Revise Hanna-Barbara Land and The Beastie" -- Hanna Barbara Land is long gone. Would you rather a kiddie world or a nice Marvel Superhero land?? "Build a nice B&M Stand-Up Coaster" -- B&M are all the way in Europe. The shipping of parts and the investment of the stand-up coaster will cost way too much. But they might take the chance of getting one some day.. Keep your fingers crossed and think positive! :) "Hand the park over to Paramount (More than likely it will NEVER happen)" -- Damn right you are. I prefer Wonderland the way it is, it is a day of fun, not complaining they have less rides. (<- or lots of days of fun!)

stdragon03 wrote that in his opinion Wonderland should model itself on what Six Flags Marine World has done.....Are you kidding???? You mean, tear down every tree on the property leaving no shade , have six major attractions closed during their peak summer season & have absolutely NO decent theming what so ever???? That's EXACTLY what Six Flags Marine World was like when I was there a week ago...I'm NO fan of what Wonderland has become but I'd rather that than this pathetic excuse for a park called Marine World...What a dump it is ( in my opinion ) :?

I agree Wonderland is better themed than SFMW however i'd rather be on Medusa than any other coaster they have at Wonderland.I think they need a quality coaster thats going to be as good ten years down the track after it opens .Most BMs are miles ahead than other coaster manufactures in that regard.I went to SFMW a few years ago and having being on alot of bigger coasters i still say Medusa is my favorite,Virtual Velocity was great so was Roar.So i would love to see Wonderland get a floorless coaster.

i still say Medusa is my favorite,Virtual Velocity was great so was Roar.So i would love to see Wonderland get a floorless coaster.
Yeah I'd have to agree! I was at SFMM not so long ago just after SCREAM opened and it was awsome...there is nothing like the front seat on a floorless! and how about the hoopy station too :-) If I had any choice it would definately be a 4d, X is amazing but realisticaly for bang for your buck and reliability a flooreless would be awsome.

I agree with you that Medusa is a great coaster, however the park itself is appalling. I went there for the opening of Roar about 4 years ago & thought it was the best woodie that I've ever rode, my last visit was extreemly dissapointing. Roar looked un kept & like the wood was splintering, the ride itself had gone from a fantastic smooth twisting adventure to a rough & painful ride. As well as that, it didn't start operating till half way thru the day. Zingo was closed...no explanation for that as was Virtual Velocity, Hammer Head, The water ride, Tasmanian Devil & a few more as well. Also there was a lot of eateries that were just closed. When you put all that together in a park lacking a lot of sufficient shade in extreem tempretures like it gets there in Vallejo, it's not a great experience at all. I'd also like to see a floorless at Wonderland & a lot of other attractions as well...say a great haunted house ride thru for instance, but I won't hold my breath. :(

This is a great idea, but remember one thing. That a new ride alone willnot help the park if the little things are done wrong. All the Australian parks have great staff and that in itself is the biggest step for any park. So lets move on to no2 It needs to be in a good position, and I think that wonderland has the best position of all the parks. Near that many head of population, you can't get any better. On to no3 The park must have a great ad campain, and I have not yet seen a ad for wonderland on Queensland tv, but I know that the Queensland parks advertise on NSW tv around the school holidays...so this IMO is something that the park needs to work on. Then you get to what it is that will draw the guests to the park. This is another area that the park needs to adress and I believe that they are with a long term plan. From the little that I have been told about it, expect the park to be able to complete with the Gold Coast parks within the next 5-7years, as far as the rides go. This is ALL THAT I KNOW. So please don't ask for any more detail as I know not!!! But this is just my OPION....but a B&M would be nice 8)

I'll disagree with you (what's new :D) on the point that all Australian parks have great staff - though Wonderland certainly does have staff that, if nothing else, work productively and efficiently, making queues bearable (Dreamworld on the other hand...). Wonderland do, as you suggested, have a fantastic position, certainly for regional guests and international. Sydney alone has more people than the whole of Queensland. They've also got the major international airport (though many tourists are bypassing Sydney and coming straight into Brisbane). However, Sydney's not the best location for interstate guests, whereas the Gold Coast is. The Gold Coast is Australia's Orlando - the warm weather and beaches attract ever single cold sole from around Australia. If a Sydney person sees an ad for Movie World, they're far more likely to visit than say someone from Brisbane visiting Sydney because of a Wonderland ad they see, which is why I believe Wonderland stopped advertising up here (1999 was the last time I saw an ad for WLS in Brisbane). The money they could spend on advertising up here just wouldn't pay off, when the alternative to Wonderland is bigger, better, brighter parks just an 40 minutes away. Back around when Space Probe 7 was first released, I remember the huge advertising blitz that they did up here - back then the park was certainly very attractive when someone had done the Gold Coast parks any time within the past five years. That money's now much better spent on further advertising down south, and their promotions which seem to work nicely. As you suggest, if they play their cards right (and admittedly, they've been quite slow over the past few years to do so), they'll be quite an impressive alternative to the Gold Coast parks a few years down the track. Maybe then we'd see some ads up here, but until they've got something to offer us, and they know it'll work, don't expect Wonderland ads to be blocking up the airwaves just yet.

It seems that we are to disagree on everything, but what is new :twisted: I have never had a problem with any of the staff at any of the parks on the GC. You have to remember that when you are talking to these ppl, that the job they do requires them to be on their feet most of the day. So if you put yourself in their shoes and go up to them with a friendly attitude, they do come back in reply with the same attitude that you go to them with. I have found this works in a lot of situations, mostly with the work that I do, going to someone's house for example, where the kitchen has just caught fire due to a misshap, and having a family not in the best mood. You go in and say at least everyone is ok, and that the kitchen can be rebuilt, but that you don't like the burnt black colour they had last time. It tends to lighten the mood of the ppl and they are alot eaiser to deal with. Take this approach to your normal shopping and I will bet that it goes a lot eaiser. Having said that, I restate that I have not had any trouble with any of the staff at any of the parks. Maybe I am missing the entire point to what Richard is meaning, but this is how I have interpreted the reply....but that is just me :D All in all I do believe that the park will come and hit us with a great attraction next year...( Wish I could tell you what it is but am not allowed) so you will all have to wait. Not what you all would have wanted but you will be pleased none the less.

I think that's exactly right - but my point is largely with the operators who just plain don't want to be doing what they're doing, or a grumpy or whatever. One thing that's stuck in my mind happened around a year ago. I was at Dreamworld and in the queue for Giant Drop (I think joz was with me too at the time). Upon reaching the queueless queue, and seeing that not only the door to the actual "station" was open, but the chain they put up at the door was down, so we went into the station (every single other time I've been there, it was the case that if they were both like this, you were expected to walk through. We got in, and got told to go back out, and we complied - fair enough, you say, as did we. When she came out to load us, about 10 seconds later, she decided to say, with a pretty stubborn tone, that "the chain is there for a reason, and you're to stop at it", and when we mentioned that the chain was lying on the ground when we got there, she suggested it was because we took it down ourselves. When we said we didn't, she claimed that she heard it fall down. That, and the 15 minute dispatches on Cyclone, because of operators who like to take their time (and it's not as if they're engaging with the guests while they meander their way from row to row, to slowly check the restraints), has really left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. I guess they say that one can ruin it for everyone, and I think it certainly has in this case. People by nature tend to remember the bad moments over the good ones. To be fair, I've had some pretty rotten experiences at Movie World too (some were even before rabid got a job there :P). It's just that I've had so many positive experiences there that the bad days or moments really do seem insignificant, whereas personally, Dreamworld's service seems to be either ordinary or poor (they're mostly nice people, but speed does matter to me). Funny you should use your kitchen fire example... let's just say that's a situation I'm familiar with myself in recent months. :)

I agree with your thoughts on Dreamworld staff Richard. True there are some good ones, last time I was there the girl out front of TOT was great. However Cyclone is the boggest joke. The fact that they are happy to have one operator for the whole ride is terrible, the rest of the park was empty yet Cyclone had a nice ole 40min queue. Whats worse is the staff you have that come to check restraints and decide to go all the way down one side (very slowly), then go back to the front only to go the same way down the other side and then all the way back up before deciding to dispatch the train... YAY

I remember that day Richard, that lady was so rude, I was tempted to go to guest relations, but from memory we just had a bit of a laugh about it later on. As I found out, I don't have then attention span to make an official complaint. I'd much prefer to bitch about it to everyone else :D As for staff having a bad day, as far as I'm concerned, that's no excuse to being for being rude and abrupt. I work in a theme park, sometimes for 11 hours and entirely on my feet (unlike Dreamworld Ride ops, I don't get a chair), and I have never ever been rude. Ok, I have had days where I'm not as talkative with guests, but I don't think that's the same as being rude. On an interesting note; I know allot of very nice staff at Seaworld, and one thing I think is quite remarkable is how the some of the nicest staff used to work at Dreamworld. They claim they quit because of very low staff moral, and infighting between different levels of staff, and noted that allot of their fellow ex-workmates were extremely rude to both staff and guests, prompting the change of park. I've also been told more then once then once by guests that they had bad experiences with staff out at Dreamworld. It averages 1 or two comments every couple of months (which is about how often I happen to ask people if they've been out to other parks, and get the answer Dreamworld). I'm not going to defend the staff out there. I've had bad experiences, I am good friends with people who have had bad experiences, and complete strangers are compelled to tell me about there's. As I said before, there is no excuse for rudeness. There is no excuse to not smile as your working. Hell, I work in Food & Beverage, and I have to work a heck of a allot harder then a ride-op.

I do agree with alot of staff... one in particualar though one on off my early trips to dreamworld i remember this very bastardous old man that did the train for the ThunderBolt, but on one of my recent trips to dw there's this new lady who was soooo nice.... she even over the microphone said to have a very good birthday and enjoy the rest of the day.... how nice is that, and hre loading times (for one person) was fantastic, not even a 3 minute wait!

wonderland staff are fantastic. I have never had a bad experience with one and they are always happy and talkative. I think that gives the park more atmosphere and people return to the park because of that. There are only a few staff that i would say are average but no names are being mentioned because i just dont know who is readin this.