parks past

madave

does anyone rememeber a family park south of wollongong called 'somethin' Animal world- not bullens. It was a family picnic park that had a small model of the harbour bridge and chair rides, slippery dips etc. We can't remember the name of the park Also, does anyone have any pics, maps etc of Magic Kingdom in NSW. I know the park is still there- overgrown and in pieces- but just one of those childhood places that my friends and I would like to rememeber. Also, if anyone is interested i have a roll of film from Luna Park in Sydney from the mid 80's. Heaps of pics of the park and its ride, which I have not seem to have seen else where. I want to scan them so they can be shared. What is happening out at Wonderland theses day's? has anyone broke into the place and taken pics of its current condition? if not, lets do it !!! D

Hello Mr Dave, Concerning Magic Kingdom, I have some photographs which were submitted to me from Bussy for Defunction, however they are yet to be seen on the site because I need some more info on the park to make the Park Profile Page, so I can upload the images. Information Regarding the park is very scarse (even on this site), but however, I do have a source of brochures of the park, which may lead up to the final finishing off of the Park Profile Page for Magic Kingdom, but without the profile page, no image galleries un-fortunatly. There may however sometime within the next 20 minutes some pictures uploaded to the Defunction Forums. Sorry for the inconvenience on that issue. Regarding Wonderland, I have no idea if anyone from here has done it, I do know that some random guy decided to break into the Space Probe, and the article is seen on this site somewhere.

To be a wet blanket once again, I would not encourage anyone to "break into" a construction site. you'd only be inviting serious criminal charges, not to mention that the park is not what it used to be, and there is serious potential to break a leg, lets not forget the nice little puppies that would love to take a piece of you also... so... lets do it? LETS NOT.

If i had a dog i wouldnt let it go in the Wonderland Constuction site, it would probly kill itself or you would never see it again. I dont think they ever did let the dogs run free in the park, but i do know when they did use the dogs they were on leashes with their dog handler. You would have more chance of being cought by a security officer than being bitten by their dogs.

They do and still do let the dogs run free at night at Wonderland. And it's not only the security officers dogs that are on site I have seen the Police dogs there several times doing training and patrols. Just let me know when you are going in and I will call the cops... I mean come with you. "The Bus is now leaving for Ghost Dogs Gully, NSW"

I know for a fact that, police dogs arnt just let run free, yes they did train their dogs in the park, i remember working their one night being confronted by two police dog handlers it was a scary sight, but they dont let the dogs go, only if they have comanded them to "rouse" which meant attack!.Every dog which was in the park had a dog handler which had the dog on a leash at all times, unless they were doing special training excercises which required them to be off the leash. I also know the police dogs stoped training in wonderland when it closed. NSW police and Wonderland Security also did training excercises at Blacktown Olympic Park during the night. which was also patrolled under Contract with Wonderland Security.They now use a new Security company at both sites, and NSW police no longer uses either site.

I can assure you that the Wonderland site is still used by the police as a training area for the dogs. How do I know this? I have seen them on the site several times this year. When was the last time I saw them there? The beginning of last week. I have spoken to the Wonderland security dog handlers about how they and the police train the dogs and they told me that the majority of the training is done on a leash but some of it is done off leash (going over fences, etc). "The Bus is now leaving for Wet Lead Creek, Victoria"

• 3 years later...
does anyone rememeber a family park south of wollongong called 'somethin' Animal world- not bullens. It was a family picnic park that had a small model of the harbour bridge and chair rides, slippery dips etc. We can't remember the name of the park Also, does anyone have any pics, maps etc of Magic Kingdom in NSW. I know the park is still there- overgrown and in pieces- but just one of those childhood places that my friends and I would like to rememeber. Also, if anyone is interested i have a roll of film from Luna Park in Sydney from the mid 80's. Heaps of pics of the park and its ride, which I have not seem to have seen else where. I want to scan them so they can be shared. What is happening out at Wonderland theses day's? has anyone broke into the place and taken pics of its current condition? if not, lets do it !!! D
I have posted a couple of pictures of Magic Kingdom on another thread, we should start a new Magic Kingdom thread and I will post a few more... http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/index.php?s...amp;#entry54280