Best Park in US

If one was to go to the US and only has a chance to visit one or two parks in either california or new york, what would you suggest those parks to be?? I would already visit universal studios and disneyland so not counting those two.. I like six flags magic mountain but it doesnt have a ride like top thrill dragster at cedarpoint and I also like the dive ride at buschlands but cedar and buschlands arent exactly close to california or new york are they?? Would six flags great adventure be the go where they have the kingda ka?? To me the top thrill dragter type rides look to be the most extreme rides at the moment?? Is this the case?? anyone who has been to these parks / rides please help as I dont have the ability to visit many parks while in the states but I would like to visit one or two of the best parks I can Thanks

Tough call there... I too would love to get up to CP but so far the distance issue has been the problem (its no where near NY and even further from LA). I highly reccomend Knotts. It is my favourite of all the non-disney parks that are out there. I am sort of more into quality than quantity so this park really does it for me. They don't have a rocket with the height of TTD but Xcel is highly regarded as one of the best rocket coasters. The same thing sort of goes with Ghostrider, there is nothing to compare it to in Australia and is a far better ride than either of the other two woodies in SoCal. If you are willing to throw away any values for the quality of the park and just want to get on some wicked coasters then SFMM may be worth the visit for you. For me Batman, Riddlers, DJV, X and Goliath really do make the park worth visiting. Having said that maybe you want to give GA a go. I haven't been there but it will give you a 'six flags' style park on that side of the country.

CedarPoint and Sixflags Great Adventure are good parks with some terrific coasters. Personally i am into the smaller parks like Dollywood and SilverDollarCity and Indiana Beach. I could spend a month in Wisconsin Dells. They have so much charm and Atmosphere you don't get anywhere else. But the two that i think everyone should get too at least once in their lives are Six Flag New England.Superman Ride of Steel is by far the best Steel coaster around. Plus the park is very run. Knoebels at Elsyburg PA. It has no real theming and doesn't look much absolute opposite to Disneyland but my favourit park due to the location,atmosphere, some of the best flat rides around and of course The Pheonix one of the best woody's on the planet.

• 1 month later...

Cedarpoint though far from freaking everywhere!!, is worth the trip in my opinion. I was there recently and stayed at one of the hotels on actually on the park grounds. It was not cheap, but it was worth it. Top Thrill Dragster is extreme, but a very short ride, their other rides of serious note IMO, are Millenium force (It caused me to grey out once), and The Mantis, a standup coaster.. this one caused a grey out moment for me too, and the girl I was riding with nearly blacked out. I have been to Nottsberry farm, though that was back in 96 and that was quite good even then, I am sure it has improved in the last 9 years. I was at 6 flags Maryland in '01 and that was very good aswell, though neither touch on Cedar Point. The extra cost of staying at the grounds, iis offset imo in part, by being able to get into the park half an hour before normal public, and being able to buy a 2 day ride and slide pass for 66US, which will get you access to both CP and Soak City for 2 concurrent days. I know that probably hasnt helped you much, but it's my $0.02