Dragon's Flight and the Merry Go Round

good hunting neil.... well we all knew sunway had them.... just where they were to end up was another matter. very creative with the whole naming theme on dragons.... seems they got that mast fixed up pretty quickly when it came to installing another ride at their park.... looks like they just traced the exisiting paint job on it too... carousel had about the same attentions paid to it, althought it did get a new name... nice hunting neil..... very sad to see all these much loved and cherished memories of our childhood being installed in some sunway crapheap...

frankly i would have preferred they end up on the scrap heap than letting sunway profit further by announcing yet another "new" attraction. The people of malaysia must be stoked. their parks have inherited so many "new" rides in the past two years it must be one long running christmas for them!

Alex you are spot on! Summed up exactly what I wanted to say. I agree that the Malaysian people must be wondering what has happened - their parks were much like Wonderland in the last 8 years (ie. no new attractions) and now all of a sudden they've got heaps. What a joke though, trying to pass them off as 'new', you couldn't get more second hand if you tried. Tired old hand-me-downs. Sunway is pathetic. And I really don't see how the Merry Go Round and Dragon's Flight fit in with the theme of the Lost World of Tambun... plus it's meant to be a waterpark not a dry park

Well they pass off dragon's, saying you will get "spin dried", but it keeps its medieval theme.... that doesnt exactly fit? but yes as far as theming on carrie.... pathetic... but then again on the topic of pathetic, remember that the new CEO of Sunway Theme parks Malaysia is none other than Stephen Galbraith.... he's an expert at taking existing rides from a closed area and installing them, making them look like new additions! Hanna Barbera Land rides being moved to the rest of the park, and shutting down HBL, and then shutting down WL, and moving all the rides to Sunway! gee whiz i see a pattern here, forming around that pathetic loser..... gee do you think i hate the guy?

frankly i would have preferred they end up on the scrap heap than letting sunway profit further by announcing yet another "new" attraction. The people of malaysia must be stoked. their parks have inherited so many "new" rides in the past two years it must be one long running christmas for them!
I agree that the Malaysian people must be wondering what has happened - their parks were much like Wonderland in the last 8 years (ie. no new attractions) and now all of a sudden they've got heaps. What a joke though, trying to pass them off as 'new', you couldn't get more second hand if you tried. Tired old hand-me-downs.
Just like Wonderland had all new attractions when it opened. If it wasn't for 'hand me downs' in the industry we wouldn't have an industry. What new park (not part of a chain) could afford 100% new rides? You have to start somewhere and it always starts somewhere else. "The Bus is now leaving for Second Sands, Tasmania"

• 2 years later...