Space Probe and Zodiac

From someone that runs a multi million dollar business, all i can tell you is that business is business. It would be nice to think that companies are all warm and fuzzy and that they actually give a toss about the community and its children, families etc. The short of the story is that they dont. They are there to make money and lots of it, both for the board members and more importantly, the shareholders. The public cannot and should not dictate to a privately owned company, what they can and cant do with assetts. You have to remeber that is all that Wonderland was, an asset and sure it meant alot to some people (including me) but a commercial decision was made and like it or lump it, they will continue to be made all over the world. Its the same right that gives companies the privilege of being able to close factories and move their production offshore costing thousands of local jobs. Both Dairy Farmers and Gates Rubber have just closed factories on the South Coast of NSW costing some 600 jobs. It's alot more harmful to the economy than Wonderland closing, but they have a right to do it, because they OWN the company. You must understand the simple commercial ownership principals to comprehend what has happened and why. I know you want to be a kid at heart and wish Wonderland back to life, but the fact is that it was a commercial enterprise, of which its owners wished to capitalise on the land it occupised. Simple!! Now can we all please let it go and move on with life.

Bren, That could be the most sensible thing anyone has ever said on these boards! Good work! I was going to try and explain the situation, but decided against it as the discussion will continue to go around in circles anyway. Sometimes you just waste your breath with some people. Your last paragraph summed up the thoughts of a number of us beautifully.

I'm not debating whether Sunway had a right to do it or not. It is obvious that they were well within their rights to do it. But just because a company makes a decision doesn't mean you just have to agree with it or be happy about it. When companies do decide to close down factories employing lots of people, you don't find a lot of people saying "well, that's fine with me, it's their right" do you? You are going to get a lot of angry and upset people who are going to make it as difficult for the company as possible. It seems to me like a number of you guys (particularly the bitter ex-employees) are quite supportive of Sunway and their decision to close and sell off the park. No one's trying to bring Wonderland back to life anymore. However, I will continue to believe that what occured and the way in which it was carried out was very poor. It was sneakily sold off as an industrial estate by a foreign company. This is after 20 years of local ownership (at least part local) which had managed to keep it going strong as an iconic theme/wildlife park for the people of Sydney and its visitors

The same thing what happened to Wonderland is now happening to featherdale. But they want that to be housing estates. See it just business, i dont care that Wonderland closed anymore, i mean yeah i miss the occasional fun but thats life it goes on, an its closure was probly a good thing cause it gave everyone a chance to get a real job!... Now people will not agree with me, but i just think that if the place had'nt closed i would be still working there, i wouldnt be studying and trying to make somthing in life. And i reckon their are some x employees who have to agree, im sure now they have found great jobs an look back at Wonderland an think to themselves, what was i thinking.

I'm not debating whether Sunway had a right to do it or not. It is obvious that they were well within their rights to do it. But just because a company makes a decision doesn't mean you just have to agree with it or be happy about it. When companies do decide to close down factories employing lots of people, you don't find a lot of people saying "well, that's fine with me, it's their right" do you? You are going to get a lot of angry and upset people who are going to make it as difficult for the company as possible. It seems to me like a number of you guys (particularly the bitter ex-employees) are quite supportive of Sunway and their decision to close and sell off the park. No one's trying to bring Wonderland back to life anymore. However, I will continue to believe that what occured and the way in which it was carried out was very poor. It was sneakily sold off as an industrial estate by a foreign company. This is after 20 years of local ownership (at least part local) which had managed to keep it going strong as an iconic theme/wildlife park for the people of Sydney and its visitors

The same thing what happened to Wonderland is now happening to featherdale. But they want that to be housing estates. See it just business, i dont care that Wonderland closed anymore, i mean yeah i miss the occasional fun but thats life it goes on, an its closure was probly a good thing cause it gave everyone a chance to get a real job!... Now people will not agree with me, but i just think that if the place had'nt closed i would be still working there, i wouldnt be studying and trying to make somthing in life. And i reckon their are some x employees who have to agree, im sure now they have found great jobs an look back at Wonderland an think to themselves, what was i thinking.

• 1 year later...
Horizontal somewhere in Malaysia. Still owned by Sunway.
it's werid. Most of the parks in Malaysia that sunway owns are waterparks Where does space probe fit into this and secondly. I don't think it would sell cause most of the theme parks around the world digg those 90 second catapult roller-coaster style rides and space probe was more like skyrider 2.0

From what I have heard, the 2 rides have been scrapped/ However I would like to know where this drop ride came from. http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewt...p=372204#372204 (Just scroll down the page, you'll see some pictures, and you'll get what I am talking about) .
Good spot T-bone, but no not Probe as this one is a 5 gondola model and Probe is 3. Made me look twice though. Very coincidental that they have versions of 2 of Wonderland's signature rides laying next to each other.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...