Wonderland Sydney Park Maps

Guest Cokecool

• 4 weeks later...

I crawled under my bed and scrambled through my shoe box of theme park maps and brochures (I should get more organised) and this was the earliest map of Wonderland I could find......From 1995/6 when Space Probe opened. Paramount ownership??? I also found a brochure from the park's 1993 season, I was going to post it, but I didn't know if people wanted to see it?

Psycho... the only time Paramount owned Wonderland was at the very beginning. The map you have is from when James Hardie owned the park. I have a really old map too which is similar to the one above but BEFORE Space Probe. In my map the Demon is bigger. When the Space Probe was added they used the same map image but decreased the size of the Demon and overlayed the illustration of the Space Probe (as above). That is why the SP looks so small compared to everything else. I don't have a scanner unfortunately. I also have an old brochure which has a small disclaimer on the front page saying 'Tallest, fastest ride in the world opening soon!' (referring to Space Probe 7). I personally would love to see a map from the really early days.

Just wondering, how did HBL close down and why? PS:yes, i do realise this question is out of date.....
Little Wonders Land (Formerly HBL) closed down because 79% of the park's guests had complained that the park is too big. It looks like management focused on the fat lazy bums. Due to these lazy people, the best roller coaster in the park (Beastie) has been forced to be SBNO, a great loss to the park. ~Flea

Guest Cokecool

I don't thank thats the real reason, I'm guessing that the park is going to lease that land out. Thats probley the real reason, and they just sad that to give them a Albuy. Be cause they could'nt move the Beastie they had to put the Buessnes(Sorry about the spelling!)Park in the Car park. And more than likely they will SLOWLY sell the land around them, I've seen Parks do this all the time. Stupid Sunway :evil: !!!!

This is just my opinion.... But I don't think the inability to move the Beastie was the reason for the zoning of the business park or the closure of Little Wonders Land / Hanna Barbera Land. Perhaps, rather than guests feeling the park was too large, the park themselves felt the park was too large. Maybe they felt, in order to lower staff and maintenance costs, it would be wise to make the overall size of the park less. ???? If they really wanted to put the business park on that land they would have simply demolished the Beastie for good.

$500,000 shivers that's alot for just teemoving a ride! I cant see why they dont get the skyrider going and people can get to it like that becuase the exit/entrance to the skyrider is near the beastie all they would have to do is put a wall up around that area and make it u can only do that there. Went to the park today for 3 hours after a full day at toronga zoo im so tired! pARK was packed today again Sp- reaching 25 mins and demon- 30 mins. Demon went till 5:15 today! Great in the dark and great operating and laughs all day courtesy of billy!

$500,000 shivers that's alot for just teemoving a ride! I cant see why they dont get the skyrider going and people can get to it like that becuase the exit/entrance to the skyrider is near the beastie all they would have to do is put a wall up around that area and make it u can only do that there.
Sorry! I meant to write relocate instead of remove. I'm sure if Wonderland were to remove it, it wouldn't cost as much. If a path is built up to The Beastie, it would be very idolised and wouldn't fit in with the existing land. If a few rides were added around The Beastie, then a new land could be easily created. But unless that happens, I don't see Wonderland building a path up to it. ~Flea

yer well if they just spent a bit plonking new rides in hbl some flat rides then reopen the beastie that would be good. In my dreams but the could negotiate another contract with say cartoon network or dreamworks and theme it to a kids land! But what are the chances of that happening........ I tell u if i owned the park and i know they have the money i would do something like that and then it would make the park alot more popular.

IMO how could you relocate a wooden roller coaster. tou cant take it into pieces like a steel roller coaster. a wooden roller coaster is built permanately. i suppose you could keep the track, but the supports would be all brand new. If thats the case they my as well build a new design wooden roller coaster or even better a looping steel roller coaster.

It is possible to relocate wooden rollercoasters. While it may be more costly, time-consuming and difficult than relocating a steel coaster, it is possible. Just as examples from rcdb, Little Dipper at Hillcrest Park (similar size to the Beastie) Skyliner at Rosemont Park Giant Coaster at Paragon Park are all examples of woodies which have been successfully relocated.... So it is indeed possible. Whether it would be worth it is another matter...

come on if u were in this situation would u really spend money and time to relocate a wooden roller coaster where there are mutiple copies of and has been operating since 1986. from what i have heared the area has not closed down becasue of guests complaining that the park is big, but the land agreement expired, and wonderland didnt want to renew it. a ride operator at the sapce probe said that wonderland said that the beastie will never operate again. lets wait and see. like i said it will operate when the land is all fixed up into a new theme land if not better, otherwise those rides and shops that are still there would have been torn down in a heart beat. thanx ciao buonasera e buonanotte

Firstly, I never said they WOULD do it. I was talking about this statement you made: "how could you relocate a wooden roller coaster. tou cant take it into pieces like a steel roller coaster. a wooden roller coaster is built permanately." If you read my post, I was stating that it is possible to relocate woodies, but whether they would find it worthwhile to or not is another matter. Secondly, the closure of Little Wonders Land had nothing to do with a land agreement or lease expiration. You can ask Wonderland yourself. The land is still under the ownership of the park.