BB house could be moving to Sydney in 2006

Zagan

Zagan, tell me, why would BB be moving to Sydney. 1. What makes you think BB would leave dreamworld? 2. Where/ Where did you find out about this? 3. There may not even be BB in 2006: *Shocking ratings *Doesnt get its viwers like it got last year.

A while ago I read that BB is contracted to Dreamworld until 2007. Also, why would BB move as they house and the theatre is already set-up, and for them to re set up the hosue would take a fair bit of time and a lot of money, but also to move camera equipment and BB would have to search for brand new staff! So, I would love to hear where you found this from?

You'd be interested to know Eskimo that all of the production equipment - lighting, cameras, production gear, and about 90% of the production crew are actually supplied by Global Television which bases its operations and equipment at studios in North Ryde, Sydney. All of the technical set ups at the BB compound are temporary outside broadcast units which are still in Global Television shipping containers and demountable buildings. Of the 170 production crew on site at Big Brother, almost 100 of them are brought up from Sydney and accomodated in Gold Coast apartments during the production of the show. The show is also sold to Channel 10 on a year to year basis, so production is not only not guarunteed to be run next year, but may also be on another network. You may recall two years ago that Channel 7 was involved in the initial bidding for BB3. Consider the fact that the house is practically rebuilt every year from the ground up, and that Fox Studios houses a 3,000 seat indoor auditorium (originally from the Lights Camera Chaos show, and more recently used for 7's Popstars Live) and the costs of moving the production to Sydney wouldn't be all that great. The indoor venue would certainly give the production team a lot more versatility and new design opportunities, and a closed studio environment such as Fox would give crews access to a lot more equipment and production facilities that have been permanently setup, as opposed to the OB units the crew currently work out of at Dreamworld. I don't know how true any of the rumours are, but I can certainly see the logic in such a suggestion.

It's from behind bigbrother. Basicly just before this year started, there was something up about it but nothing more than that. Though in the last week or so, someone who owns a building in the fox studios has been asked about renting it out from the people who make BB and basicly wanting to rent out the building at the exact same time etc. It's all whisppers etc atm. This message is apprantly from the person who owns the building so who knows yet, southen-star has bought the rights to make BB till 2007 that's what that was about, and i believe chl 10 will show it till 2007 also in the deal. After that it's up for bids again. I believe they want to move it because they think it'll give a boost to the ratings etc and offer some different things than whats done now.

well having the house in central sydney would be a lot better than out in the middle of the bush. A lot of international series are filmed in sound stages, so I dont see a problem with a completely indoor BB. Southern Star Endemol are the owners of licensing to the show. Dreamworld would want to hold on to it, but looking at the sour ratings they are getting, and being that Southern Star's offices are in Greenwich, North Sydney, Sydney doesnt seem like too much of a problem. The logistics and broadcast equipment set up in Sydney are much more convenient than at Dreamworld. Its a logical move - and the only person who would really lose out out of the move would be Dreamworld - and thats no great loss... besides, once Big Brother is gone, Dreamworld will have much more room to expand as well - demolish blue lagoon, build the waterpark near cyclone, and then they have the blue lagoon land, AND the Big Brother land which has already been cleared, to build whatever they want to build in that area - expansion plans sound good at the moment, and also getting back the Big Brother Studio, means they could house more permanent style shows, like Milennium Magic at WLS.

Neil Balnaves happens to be the Chairman of both Southern Star and Macquarie Leisure Trust, which would naturally have had a lot to do with the two coming together in the first place. Indeed it is/was a very attractive and lucrative opportunity for both parties. Whether it still is, I'm really not sure, but I have got the distinct impression that it is waning.

• 3 months later...
Funny Richard, cause when I spent some time at the BB site a few weeks ago I also got that impression.... maybe the rumours will be true
OK, for all of you, my uncle works at Global Television. These rumors are completely false. The Big Brother complex at Dreamworld is contracted to be there until the end of Series 7 (2007). It is completely rubbish that the House and the crew are moving to Sydney. So to all of you that are worried about this load of rot, no, the Big Brother show, House & crew ARE NOT moving to Sydney.

So I wonder what will happen at DW with the lost of BB? They have whole shops just full of BB stuff.
Zagan, we know you mean well, but unfortunately, the Big Brother complex and show is not moving. Dreamworld will not lose its show or studio, and becuase my uncle works at Global Television, and is associated by about 34% to Big Brother, it is completely false, and will never happen. Good day to you.

Because he wants to feel important. On a side note, Dreamworld was actually contracted to do five seasons of Big Brother, but Southern Star Endemol actually wanted another four seasons at to be contracted at the beginning of the this year's season. Needless to say ratings were plummeting and it was losing it's popularity, so it's now on a season to season basis, and in fact, the only real thing that caused us to have a series six was because the final several episodes just scraped over the thin red line of viewers. So taking in the fact that it's a dieing show, and that's huge amounts of controversy sorrounding it, expect Big Brother 2006 to be the last.