Sign in to follow this  
Nebuchanezzar

Another No Limits/(Hyper Rails) competition?

11 posts in this topic

I was thinking we should have another. I dunno how the last one worked, and I also reckon Hyper Rails should be included, because I don't have No Limits and hence, wouldn't be able to compete :eek: . What do you all think?

Iuno, the RCT2 one was a little restricing (Dammit, I couldn't think of the right word to use) with the no custom scenery thing, and not every has RCT3, or a computer that's fast enough to run such a huge park in RCT3...

Hey guys I've only just got NoLimits, and it looks like a greatly powerful simulator. I'd be in the competition if you wanted to make one, although I wouldn't be great but I'd give it a go

Rules? Jeez I dunno, I guess all I would expect is that the coasters have to be reasonable (Hyper Rails displays G-Forces so you can monitor it, I dunno about No Limits) in terms of intensity and stuff. Er, the track would have to be not too long and have pretty reasonable track elements in it (as in, no continuous helixes like you see in some coasters that have been made in RCT). I guess they'd be what it'd be judged on. It'd also have to flow well and be smooth, no harsh changes in direction unless it's within context (like on Nemesis, the rapid turns on that are reasonable). They're just my thoughts.

The challenge should have rules that will produce interesting results, like what about a hilly terrain where you cant build above tree height or a oddly shaped area that you build your ride in. BTW if the comp had both hyper rails and no limits, who would judge since the judge would need both sims in order to see all entries.