**NEWS** Little green martian to be replaced by big green ogre **NEWS**

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As with Wet 'n' Wild, Movie World is all of a sudden getting a range of great new rides in one hit and yet they've gone for quite a few years with nothing. Shrek would have enough pulling power to be an announced addition all on its own without needing another ride opening a few months later. I am just very curious (not complaining!) as to why Warner Village have gone about it this way
I remember seeing in a shareholders report a while back that MW visitor numbers were slighty down due to lack of new attractions, so i guess they are trying to reverse this. By the way I have seen Ad for it on TV, it looked pretty flashy. Somehow, I think this could do very well for the park against Wiggles world. From what I know, little kids seem to like Shrek better.

As we have seen with Movie World in the past, there is quite a bit of a break between additions. The last one before this latest spending spree was Scooby Doo a few years ago and even the Batman Ride 2 still has "New!" next to it on the sign in the park. So judging by this with a new coaster and a 4D movie along with advertising costs, as well as the rest of WVTP spending on the other parks I think it is going to be quite a while before they recoup funds and can afford to buy anything new. However at least these two new attractions will provide for a much better marketing boost for Movie World compared to the lousy Wiggle's World idea at Dreamworld so I can see Movie World attendance will increase quite a bit and hopefully the wait for a new attraction won't be too long. And as much as I don't like the Shrek idea - I definately acknowledge that Movie World has the upperhand over Dreamworld these school holidays because Shrek appeals to a far greater demographic than Wiggle's World could ever dream of. Despite my protest, I will still go and check out Shrek 4D anyway, however on the other hand I wouldn't be caught dead riding the Big Red Car ride. As for ads, I am still waiting to see something here in Brisbane - though I think it is rather strange that Movie World hasn't made any mention of it (or the coming Superman coaster) on its website. They go out and spend large amounts of money on advertising and poster campaigns around Queensland Rail and don't even make a single mention on their website, doesn't make a great deal of sense to me.

Edited by matty_o_911

I agree, Dreamworld's website is so much better than Movie World's site. It's not even worth visiting Movie World's site to find information on new attractions - that type of information doesn't seem to exist. I'm sure many people who watch these Shrek ads on tv would visit Movie World's site in hope that they could find more information (as the website is usually listed at the end of all Movie World ads). It's great however, to see some big changes to the park. As Gazza has said, the park has been rather quiet recently due to a lack of new attractions. I'm not surprised though - once you've been to a park and done all the rides, there's no point in going back unless there is something new and exciting. There's nothing like riding a ride for the first time. Movie World have said that Shrek will open mid-September (which is when the school holidays start).

The classic Roxy Theatre and screenings of Marvin the Martian in the 3rd Dimension will be closed from Tuesday 2 August 2005. The Roxy will reopen when Warner Bros. Movie World’s new attraction launches in mid September 2005.

The Shrek 4D tvc's started in Adelaide in the last couple of days stating the attraction opens on September 17. When I emailed WBMW yesterday to get more information, Guest Services replied they have no information at the moment and keep checking out the website?? Interesting, considering that Dreamworld have given a date for ther New Wiggles World, as well as a sneak preview of inside the attraction!

I think the bit you should be reading is that they have no information. That is, they don't have any press releases, any confirmed new that they can pass on. When its something like a new attraction, its a good idea to leave it to the marketing people to announce it and any details, and it'll all go out at once, not one e-mail with the details here and there.

I'm confused, if the ad says it's Dreamworks Shrek (everyone knows of it being @ Universal Studios parks) then why would WVTP advertise with the catchphrase "Only at Warner Bros Movieworld"?? By the way i'm not against the idea of new attractions in our parks, but this one seems too old for me as it was a promotion for pre-Shrek 2. Anyway perhaps they can change it for the next 2 movies!! I'm still disappointed by this deal - what's next a clone of Disney Studios Lights, Motor, Action!! or Paramounts upcoming Mission Impossible show? :lol:

Edited by taronga

Why is it that so many companies seem to have a serious problem when it comes to updating their websites? It's crazy as it's one of the first places people can go to actually interact with the park and get the information they need. They just seem to leave the updating of sites until the last second or forget about it all together. I think one of the big problems is that most marketing managers don't know a lot about them. I find it a bit strange that Shrek 4D is being released now and not coinciding with any movie release. But I suppose in relation to DW's opening (the very poor/average) Wiggles World it does make sense from a competitive point of view

I visited Orlando in October 2003, and went to Disney & Universal - saw Shek 4D, Mickey's Philharmagic (which was awesome), Jimmy Neutron?, Mission Space (unreal!!!)..... Now it's not that I doubt Movieworld can pull it off, but I will "believe it when I see it" if they are doing a "complete install" of all the theatre effects required for Shrek 4D.... If they are doing it as well as Universal have done, then it will become a HUGE attraction at Movieworld... And yes, the queue feature leading into the theatre at Universal is excellent, but will Movieworld be putting this in? The whole reason for the lobby queue show at Universal is that Shrek 4D seems to have a constant queue throughout the day at Universal.... will it be this way at Movieworld? Will it be constant shows, or timetabled shows like they had with Martian (or am I wrong about that? haven' t been for a while)........ For some strange reason, I just kind of feel that Movieworld just do things a little half baked sometimes.... I can see them putting the fx chairs in the theatre, showing the movie on the screen and not paying for the super fx in the lobby..... Oh why do I think that...? Because the Batman and Lethal Weapon intros are the same.... they are ok, but not quite as detailed and luxuriant as our US cousins where they spend millions just on the queue lines.... but then they do get literally millions of people through their theme parks every year. But I must say, even if they just show the Shrek 4D movie with no extra fx, and have the new rollercoaster, these alone are huge drawcards for Movieworld this summer, but it was about time they got some new attractions..... now all they need is a clone of Mission Space, and I will buy an annual pass for sure..... Your theme park tastes just get jaded after going to the US a few times, and Movieworld just never tastes the same way again! Joe.