DisneyLand Possible SE QLD??!!

ozdude83

Ok everyone im going to sound really nasty and im sorry if i offend anyone but i want to express my opinions. Now as some know Disneyland could be looking for a site here in OZ. Last time i heard it could be western Sydney but as i came onto the website today it said there could be possible locations is SE QLD. now excuse me i think Qld has got enough tourist attractions like dreamworld etc etc its about time we secure something here in NSW it dosnt have to be Western Sydney why not the central coast?! sometimes i wonder why the central coast dosnt get exposure like the goldie. I might be being selfish here but im sure allot of people agree with me but i think the NSW goverment should stand up and encourage them to build there resort/themepark here in NSW. Its not queenslands turn, besides you go over seas and you say im from australia.. they say oh sydney? no ones knows of Brisbane. Sydney is one of best citys in the world let alone NSW to live. Sometimes QLD's goldcoast is 'all that' As i said im prob being jealouse but qld has enough tourist attractions. Marc

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, It's not about who's turn it is, it's about who has the better offer to disney and also i think disney know what there doing. If they decide to build in NSW or QLD or VIC ;) they will have picked the best spot for them to get the maximum potential, addmisions, and money out of the park. Also they will pick the best offer out of governments. But heck i reckon the next one will be in Shanghi. Thats what Disney is saying, but it won't be before 2010.

Yeah but if oyu go to some tourist lets say some chinese people and you mention Australia, they immediatly think of koalas (which is a national thing), the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House...which means people immediatley think of Sydney!...WOOOO GO SYDNEY!

It would be good to get a disneyland in australia, however i dont think i want one really. It will be just another park to get an annual pass too, then you go, you keep going until finaly your over it. I always think back to my younger teen years, and when i was younger, whe you were told you were going to DW or movieworld...it was really exciting, even upto a few days b4 you went. I hate the fact that i get bored at DW and that its not a special place anyomre(i hope that dosent sound stupid) once i had more annual pass to dreamworld, a trip to movieworld was like wow, were going to movieworld, the what happend, i then decide to get movieworld annual pass 3 years in a row now. so ive wrecked all the excitment of the special places. At least with disneyland being in america it is a huge special place, it always will be special, even though i have a premium annual pass there too now..lol, i cant go all the time and wreck it. thats my two cents on the topic....if we get a disneyland, im in the mind set that it will get boring for me too.

Pattieboi, I 100% agree with you! When you think of Australia you think of Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House. :) So it'd be better to have one in Sydney cause i'd suit it better, cause you have people coming to visit the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House! They'd also be able to get surrport from Luna Park Syd. & Taronga Zoo? :confused:

Hmmm, they shouldn't put in the western suburbs maybe they should put it near Bella Vista because that place has a hell of alot of space! I would know because I used to live there LOL! Or maybe they should put it near hmmmm.....Central Coast would be good!

ADELAIDE IS THE WAY TO GO!!!! As the new domestic/international airport is nearly completed, it is meant to boom Adelaide's tourist. Disneyland could easily fit in Adelaide: *Beach covering the western suburbs *Cheap and large areas of land near the city! 10-15min drive from the CBD. Also would only be a few minutes from the beach! *Adelaide has no themepark with the callapse of Magic Mountain and Dazzleland. *Many tourist attractions and beaches to see. (Kangaroo Island, Port Lincoln, Glenelg, etc.) *Easy transport - Bus, Train (Tram, Glenelg tram line extending late 2006 with new trams) *Clean and beautiful city *Fast growing population ......... Disneyland i think you should come down to Adelaide!!!

Adelaide would be a great place for a themepark.. cheap land, close to cbd airport.. and i dont think a small local population would really matter for a disney park.. its all about the tourist both disney resorts in america wernt really in high pop locations where they were built.. but adelaide would never get it for lots of reasons.. its adelaide (:S), not the best weather, really bad transport system.. the local goverment wouldnt help much.. the list goes on. If you wanted to build a disney park in SA build it in the riverland! It has sunshine more days a year than the goldcoast.. land will be super cheap because of the vineyards and citrus farmers going broke and its on a major highway... but all this will never happen :D My vote is that queensland will most likely get it.. sydney maybe.. and melbourne never. that is if disney ever decided to build a park in australia. :D

Putting a Disney park in Adelaide is the stupidest idea I've heard in quite some time. No offence to the nice city, I'm sure it's a great place, but it definately can't handle a theme park like a Disney park. It's population is growing, but Queensland, NSW & Victorias population is growing faster, plus they all have large established populations already. Queenslands population is absolutely booming as well, and has been for quite some time. NSW's airport flow is about 3 times as large as any other city in Australia, so there is no way that Adelaide can boast about that. Sure, it could get lucky like the Gold Coast...right? I doubt it, The Gold Coasts boom was an extremely lucky one. At the time it started to boom it was basically a one of a kind, it was a short drive away from Queenslands major city, and a one hour flight from Sydney. It has a great climate (not just sunny days) and it has great beaches. One theme park grew to four, a movie studio moved there, apartments began to grow like...er...fast. Putting a theme park in Adelaide would seriously, be stupid. It'll be either Sydney, or the Gold Coast for sure.

Yes Nebuchanezzar your right! :) For some reason i think a Disney land would go really well on the Central Coast! Iam not just saying it because i live here but if they put it near Gosford, well they'd go good. Gosford is growing really fast and well they need a major tourist attraction ASAP! Iam kinda thinking of maybe an area near the Reptile Park... maybe where Old Sydney Town used to be? :confused: If disney moved next to the Reptile Park, they could do a 2 day deal... 1day at Disney & the other at the Reptile Park :) They'd also be able to do great deals with some of the motel/hotel in the Gosford CBD!...... Anyways only my imput!

Yes.. thanks for backing me up! :) the Central Coast is kinda like a sister Gold Coast without the themeparks & the high rise's... I think nsw would do excellent with a Disney on the Central Coast because if they put it where the Old Sydney Town was, they'd be like 5mins from the F3.. 1 & half hours from Sydney & Newcastle (two busy citys!) :D

• 2 weeks later...

I would rather experience disneyland in the US because I can tell you.. if they put a disneyland in Aus it will be smaller and not as exciting as their US counterparts.. If you want disneyland go to the original.. The same happened with movie world I thought that was going to be big and great but universal studios in hollywood much better.. While it would be good to get a disneyland here, I will visit it.. But I wouldnt be happy until I go to the one in anaheim