A Dreamworld 1st

surfdog

Hey guys. Me and a mate are heading up to dreamworld from melbourne soon and need some advice. we're thinking of catching a plane up early morning and going to dw straight from the airport as we will only be staying for 2 days tops. is it even worth pre-purchasing tickets, when is the park least busy, does a bus go from the airport to dreamworld? how big are the lockers at dw?? etc etc... any information you've got would be great. thanks guys

Welcome to the forums! What airport are you flying into. If you are flying into Brisbane, there is a train, and then a bus. If its Gold Coast then its 1 or 2 busses (not entirley sure). Have a look at www.transinfo.com.au to find out, it has all the infomation about busses and trains in S.E. QLD. Just make sure you type in Coolengatta Airport, if it is indeed you are flying there, as I dont think the correct busses come up if you type in Gold Coast Airport.

i think we'll probably be going to gold coast airport.... coolangatta is more expensive isnt it coz its alot smaller, and brissbanes a bit far away. anyways so what time of year is it least busy up there? were probably going in about a month or so. thanks for the info!

Since I take the train from Brisbane to Dreamworld I can tell you this. The train that runs the Gold Coast line is generally one that travels directly to and from (I think) Brisbane airport so you could most likely take the train all the way to Coomera Station from Brisbane airport (but do check the transinfo site anyway.) At the bottom of Coomera train station, Dreamworld has a shuttle bus service where you pay $4 for return trip to Dreamworld with trips leaving approximately every 15 minutes or so in the mornings and afternoons (leaving after each train arrives at Coomera for convenience) and you can also purchase park tickets there so then you don't have to queue for very long at the front gate, so this definately comes in very handy. The trip by train to Coomera from Brisbane city is approximately an hour (running express from South Bank to Beenleigh) so travelling from the airport would add another 15-20 minutes. Hope that helps in choosing what airport to come from.

Yeah, i got the plane from sydney to Brisbane airport , got there about 7am then got the train to dreamworld(about 1 1/4hrs train trip), The train goes from the airport to Coomera (dreamworld) no need to change, then there is a shuttle bus to dreamworld (the station is about a 15min walk to DW) or a 3min bus ride) If you are staying, stay at the coomera motor inn, which is at the front of DW, like a 1min walk.

How big is the video camera?? I would suggest taking a backpack, and storing it in there when its not in use, that way you can either take in on the ride with you or leave it in the storage bins that are provided while you are on the ride...I have had no problems with theft of gear whilst on rides, as long as they are in the storage bins.

Man take ya handy cam on the claw and see it fly off into the ground and smash into about 1000 bits. That's really cool stuff. Also for a bus, ask or ring up the Con-X-ion bus people they have buses running to the airports but they have busses at the theme parks as well.