Wiggles World

Richard

The latest construction update from the construction of Wiggles World can be seen here: http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/gallery.php?gid=164 There will be further updates as this attraction draws nearer to completion. Related, Dreamworld have also released initial information about Wiggles World, revealing to the public what this new area will be home to. The main attraction will be The Big Red Car Ride. Farmyard Friends is also being rethemed to fit in with the new area and The Fun Spot will be the ultimate Wiggles play area. Detailed information can be seen on the Dreamworld website: http://www.dreamworld.com.au/content/wiggl...actions#FunSpot Stay tuned for more in-depth information from Roller-Coaster.com.au.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Wiggles park map looks craptacular! I really think they need to get rid of that river as it's so dominating and ends up making the area seem very cramped. Also think it's a bit dodgey the way they have incorporated Farmyard Friends in an attempt to make Wiggle's World seem bigger. It might be have been ok if Farmyard Friends was a bit closer but as it is it's so far away it has to have a seperate reference on the map. So altogether we have 1 ride, some shops, an 'activity centre' and an already existing animal exhibit all surrounded by a big bushy swamp/river. Can't say I'm overly impressed. Sorry guys but you know how I love being picky, I can't help myself. One positive thing I will say though is this is a heck of a lot better than anything Wonderland would have produced. Remember the ads and big posters for 'Super Hero Headquarters'? Everyone got so excited and all it turned out to be was a Marvel merchandise section in the gift shop

I think it might work out quite well, I think they'll have some type of show where the guys can be there or not be there and it'll still work out fine. It's for kids not for adults and being that most of the kids are going stupid over a wiggles video let alone going to a place for the wiggles will probabbly mean that kids will still go stupid over it. What might have been good was for the gum tree bit to be moved over to the mine rides etc, it was a bit all over the joint, like fantasy land at the front with western town to the side of it, and a country town the the bottom of it. I think dreamworld are probably just fixing up the theme parts so they are in one spot rather than having a theme spread in 2-3 places.

The friendly foreman has arrived with wheelbarrows of fun and the wiggly builders are hammering away to make Wiggles World a reality. From chirpy chippies to singing sparkies, Wiggles Fever has taken hold!
Obviously none of the construction workers I know are working on this project... Its good to see them using the old Jamboree building for something, and even better to see it used for a dark ride (I'm sure I suggested something along those lines, but always thought it might be too small a building to be possible). One thing that does come to mind is the issue of the under 1's. Realisticly, Big Red Car is a ride that is aimed at very young children (under 5 pretty much), and parents won't be happy if they can't take hand held infants on the ride. Otherwise though, its pretty much what we've thought it would be all along. That is, a new coat of paint and re-themeing the various outlets in the area, along with a ride and kids show. Not really dissapointing, but interesting to see Dreamworld go after the market that gets into the park for free.

Children under the age of 3 years get in for free, ofcourse with full paying adults or other visiting guests.

1 Day, General Admissions (Prices effective from 1 December 2004 until 30 November 2005) Prices:    * Adults $60*    * Children (4-13 years incl.) $38*    * Infants (0-3 years) Free when accompanied by an adult    * Pensioners/Seniors $38* (AUS & NZ residents only, ID required)

River basicly doesn't exist anymore right now, as it's changing to wiggles world, the whole area is being changed bar 3 buildings. I have further pictures of the area I'll send them thru tomorrow night, they are 2 weeks on from the first set of pics. Quite a lot of work has been done I'm quite suprised.

The latest construction update can be seen here: http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/gallery.php?gid=165 There is also a press release for the area found here: http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/release.php?prid=39 The area really is coming to shape now. Though it's hard to think that it's little over a month away - September 10 is the opening date at this stage. It'll be interesting to see in particular the Big Red Car Ride come together.

River basicly doesn't exist anymore right now, as it's changing to wiggles world, the whole area is being changed bar 3 buildings.
Rivertown pretty much is 3 buildings. I always thoguht it was a stretch to have Rivertown and Gum Tree Gully as two seperate themed areas, but supposedly they are. If its the area next to the Model T Lane thats staying the same (Its been a while since I've checked on this), then my original question remains, as Rivertown in a nutshell is from the train tracks to the Captain Sturt entrance and not much further.

I was at dreamworld yesterday, park was pretty empty. went on the claw 3 times, two of the times there were 2-3 ppl in line, we had to wait for ppl. Anyhow, about wiggles world. If it is opening in September, they had better get a move on. I could see right inside the big red car building, and it is totaly empty. I could see no track of any sort, and no show scenes, in the old gumtree gully thearter. The murrisippi river is now drained, not totaly empty, but its to help them build the retainer wall for the dock. And captain sturt has been pulled out of the water near the model T/ giant drop end, that boat pully thing on the bank. From what i could see, one side of the boats hand rails was totaly gone, i could be wrong it was from a distance. Tot is done for annual maintainance, it has its cage put on the tot track. One more thing, when i was leaving DW yesterday, bob tan and two other men were standing at the fountain at the front , he was doing afew hand points and stuff, he had some paper work with a picture on it, could not see what it was, i even walked behind them when they left the fountain and followed them to have a peek lol, but no luck. I then did a quick trip to movieworld, the first time ive actually been inside the park since February. Is superman going to be a very twisted coaster, because i can see no room really to pop a coaster in that spot. Especially with the new building they are building, its taking up more room. (although you cant really see anything so maybe there is a bit of land, but when u look at it from the front, the studio offices look very close on the left, and with the moviemagic sound stages, very close aswell, and lethal weapon buildings not to far in the distance either.)

Is superman going to be a very twisted coaster, because  i can see no room really to pop a coaster in that spot. Especially with the new building they are building, its taking up more room.  (although you cant really see anything so maybe there is a bit of land, but when u look at it from the front, the studio offices look very close on the left, and with the moviemagic sound stages, very close aswell, and lethal weapon buildings not to far in the distance either.)
Ok, well the information that is now (more or less) publicly available points to an indoor section, which could explain the building/s. Added to that, the track, which is fully visible to anyone who looks that way, looks twisty. Judging by those 2 pieces of information only (strictly by those two nuggets of info and nothing else) I'd say, yes; it will have a twisted layout. But enough on that topic (If want to discuss Superman further just say so and I'll move some stuff around into the MW forumn). Back to Wiggles World: Originally when I looked at that map, it appeared that the Captain Sturt would be re-themed as the SS Feather Sword, but then dismissed the idea. Thats not the plan is it?

Bob Tan could be the owner or the boss. Dreamworld isn't Australian it's owned by a singapore( from memory could be somewhere else) guy who also owns a string of hotels all over asia, he only bought it because he liked the parks and seen it was up for sale at the time, ever since he got the park he has put in a new ride every year.