BB move is real.

Zagan

Yeah, but the shop only has tiger island stuff in it now. Also there's only 3-4 people left in the house now, so only 1-2 weeks of it left, I've read that channel 10 has pushed to get BB05 over and done with quickly so it doesn't clash with Australian idol.

On the contrary, Big Brother and Idol were deliberately overlapped this year in the hope that BB watchers will continue watching Channel 10 as Idol starts - notice how the first two episodes immediately followed BB shows? There are actually 3 full weeks of Big Brother left, and after that the site still remains as the Big Brother production office which isn't just vacated the second the final eviction show goes to air. There are weeks of bump out, followed by lots more post-production work. Get some information from some real sources and you might show some credibility.

• 2 weeks later...

The Big Brother House Opens to the Public for Viewing from the 20th August, that is 5 days after the Final Eviction (15th August). The House will stay open until it is closed to the public in the 1st half of Jan, for Preperation for Big Brother 2006. Yes BB will be back in 2006, it has been confirmed at Dreamworld and it is Gretals last Year at the moment (her contract runs out).

I've just visited the DW web site and copied this. Visit the Big Brother House Australia’s Hottest Property Open For Inspection Hot news for reality revelers, the Big Brother house has gone under the hammer, Endemol Southern Star are turning over the keys and the property will open for inspection from Saturday August 20, 2005. With their temporary tenancies terminated, the housemates are heading home while Dreamworld opens the door for devoted fans desperate to tour the set of their favourite domestic drama. Dreamworld guests can take a leisurely stroll through the house and garden and go behind the scenes to check out the camera runs. They can capture their confessions in the diary room chair and relive every moment of the reality rollercoaster. It’s a rare opportunity for fans to find out all the inside gossip and experience how the housemates really lived… with a few Big Brother surprises along the way. Located on site at Dreamworld, the Big Brother house is also proving hot property for Christmas parties and corporate functions. House tours are included in the Dreamworld entry price so why not buy your tickets now and experience the hottest house in Australia.

From NineMSN this afternoon: 'The celebrations for Monday night's Big Brother winner Greg may still be continuing, but Network Ten has wasted no time in announcing that the reality television show will return in 2006. An average audience of 2.28 million people tuned in on Monday night to watch Greg triumph over the short-odds favourite Tim, according to OzTam figures.' I don't think there is a chance that Dreamworld would let the BB juggernaut out of its site. It's a great cross-promotional tool for them. The infrastructural support and cost that would be needed to re-create the house compound, studio and auditorium at another location would be quite significant. The fact that the house was built on reclaimed land (part of it is semi-swampland) and bushland makes it an ideal location. We just hope we don't see the area flood again like it did a few weeks ago - it came very close to evacuating the house compound for safety reasons.

As much as I despise Big Brother, I don't think it'll leave Dreamworld. It still gets allot of viewers, and DW's attendance is through the roof recently, and the success of Big Brother would have a fair bit to do with that. Not only from people wanting to go to do the whole Big Brother thing, but also those people who watch Big Brother who keep being reminded of this Dreamworld place. Even the opening sequence for Big Brother had an animation of the Claw...

• 1 month later...
Bigbrother is moving for sure as 1 of the main shops at the front is completely empty of BB items for sale, this change has been made over the last 2 weeks.
Sorry, Zagan, but no, Big Brother is not moving. Yes, the store was recieving new merchandise. It had run out because of the popularity of the show. Global Television have told Dreamworld that the plan to move the show is completely false, and will not happen anyway because the set is contracted to Dreamworld until the end of Series seven. Also, the total cost of moving the show to Sydney (or anywhere else in Australia) would be around $5.5m. Southern Star Endemol does not have this sort of money, and it is all a big load of rot to think that this Queensland-based show would move.
As much as I despise Big Brother, I don't think it'll leave Dreamworld. It still gets allot of viewers, and DW's attendance is through the roof recently, and the success of Big Brother would have a fair bit to do with that. Not only from people wanting to go to do the whole Big Brother thing, but also those people who watch Big Brother who keep being reminded of this Dreamworld place. Even the opening sequence for Big Brother had an animation of the Claw...
Yes, it is true that the Big Brother complex will not be moving from Dreamworld, but just as a comment on your quote "even the opening sequence for Big Brother had an animation of the Claw", this is because Southern Star Endemol (the producers) decided it would jazz it up a little. It also mixed in with the BB theme music for this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Southern Star Endemol would be more interested in putting a black and white picture of the BB eye when the Claw appears in the opening theme/sequence. The only reason that the ride appears in the theme is because Dreamworld pays SSE to put something about Dreamworld there. It may have also been Southern Star Endemol's decision to put something about Dreamworld in it. Plus, as the ride is the most popular and recent, it would be synch to realize that placing the animation in the theme would boost Dreamworld's popularity, boosting Big Brother's popularity, making more people attend evictions etc., eventually making money for Global & Southern. Also, Dreamworld is a major sponsor of the show, meaning that if Southern left them out, they may decide that they are sick of BB and tell them to ship out (which they can't do, but anyway)... It's just common sense. And if, indeed, you have watched BB's opening sequence, you should know that the animation of the Claw does not tie in with the theme music, it's just an entrance to the proper music. (Which, by the way, wasn't available to the public this year...not happy, Jan).

Yes it was, just to the priveleged. And the actual reason behind The Claw animation, exactly like what theme park master said was to promote Dreamworld's latest attraction. And something like that would probably be in their contract anyway, seeming some sort of animation, such as the Tower of Terror animation (which was a lot better) was in last year's one and the one before that. And for the record, it's six seasons, not seven. I would've thought that if we've already been over this in another thread we would've taken it onboard. Silly me.

Also, the total cost of moving the show to Sydney (or anywhere else in Australia) would be around $5.5m.
Pleeeeeeeeease stop pulling figures out of thin air. When you consider that around 3/4 of the crew and almost all of the production gear is shipped up from Sydney for the show each year and crew are accomodated in apartments for the entire production season, my bet is that Sydney would be a more attractive option financially. However, the location of Dreamworld, the show's image and setup makes it perfect in the current location so there's really no need to move.
Southern Star Endemol would be more interested in putting a black and white picture of the BB eye when the Claw appears in the opening theme/sequence
Of course you would have got this from an official source too? I find that comment pretty hard to believe when this year's logo was blue and white. Let's try to get some facts straight before we run on and quote things as being official.

I know that this year's logo was blue and white (come on, I did watch it!) I was in fact saying that one of the BB logos was the actual eye that was used in all series before this year. Or, just for your sake, we could say that Southern Star Endemol was more interested in putting a blue and white logo when the Claw was. But then, that would be no use, would it? Because they would show that same picture a minute later. Why am I saying this? The whole point of my thread was just to say that the Claw animation was there to be promoted, and that Southern Star would be paid, and Dreamworld would be happy. Happy?

And the facts keep being drawn from thin air.... Like I said earlier, Southern Star Endemol would've obviously payed Dreamworld to use their land and other such on-site facilities in their contract that both parties signed, and like I said, inside that contract would've had some sort of agreement saying "our logo, in whatever creative form possible must be on each introduction promo for BB." That'd be the same as "we want our logo ontop of the house" etc. etc.