3 New Rides for the EkkA

Myes, although, I heard that the Hard Rock was there last year, or was going to be but was pulled at the last minute. I could give you some pictures, but the majority of mine come from people that probably wouldn't like me to re-produce them, so hence, I won't. The Twin Flip is similar to the KMG Experience, you can do a search on any good international carnival website for the Experience and a nice selection of photos will come up. Hard Rock is like the Dreamworld Claw, but the seats face inwards, so you can see your fellow ridees. The Energy Storm looks junky, and is hard to explain.

Energy Storm: one of Australias best rides, it flips you upside down and around and around. It is rated as one of the best rides in the world this one will have you lining up for more and more. Hard Rock: Feel the g's in tha breeze thats what the Hard Rock is all about. It starts off slow then it just starts to go swinging full throttle it will have you screaming for your bottle. Twin Flip: If you like hard core rides then step up for the twin flip this one isn't for the faint hearted. This ride is a great ride to find out if your a man or a mouse. All three of these rides are well worth a ride as they all bring a different atmosphere and feeling. OZ

Perhaps, but watching it at the Royal Easter Show I thought it looked rather bland in it's ride operation. Sure, it was crazy enough, but it was a sterile type of crazy, a bit like the Megamix, it did too much of the same thing. Hard rock has a familiar operation to it (it looks vastly like it is the same as the Ranger, albeit with a different seating arrangement), however one small change, and it becomes totally new. Twin Flip, although slightly similar to the Energy Storm is completely different in another way, in that it's action doesn't seem forced or bland, but rather, seems geniuenly scary, thrilling and exciting. Also, "one of Australias best rides, it flips you upside down and around and around. It is rated as one of the best rides in the world this one will have you lining up for more and more." doesn't particularly give a great description of the ride at hand. Sounds more like a posting advertisement actually. Coasterfreek, I actually have a video of what the Twin Flip is very similar too, as with the Hard Rock. So if you want em, gimme a yell.

I know this isnt Ekka related, but I just thought id add it in, Heres the list for the 2005 Adelaide show, not looking too good.... > Simulator > Pirate Caves > Ghost Train > Mad Mouse > Gravitron > Mega Drop > Hangover > Scorpion > Miami Music Trip > Dodgems > Mega Mix > Breakdance > Ali Baba > Skymaster Wheel > Hard Rock > Fun Factory > Air Max > Roller Ghoster > Slingshot > Super Bowl > Sizzler > Techno Jump > The Claw > Twin Flip No zipper once again. But in other news, the KMG Tango is due for arrival in oz in November, and will most likely debut in sydney....im soo glad im going in 2006 :D chris