Site Maintenance

Richard

Obviously as you can see the site is back up and running. You'll also notice that we have changed forum software, from vBulletin to Invision Power Board. Both vBulletin and Invision are top quality products. Ultimately it was a choice between upgrading to the latest version of vBulletin for USD$30.00, or changing to Invision for USD$70.00. Both are competing products with very similar features. Ultimately what it came down to was what future versions of each hold. I chose Invision based on a myriad of new features to be launched which I think will be of great benefit to this community. I think also Invision Power Board is a better looking programme, and the management side of things is a vast improvement on vBulletin. The site will be customised to fit in with the main site's design in coming days. It will take some getting used to for all, including myself. I welcome any comments or suggestions regarding this new change.

personally, I like the old version on Vbulletin, however since Richard is still ironing out creases and changing the styles etc, I'll reserve judgement. I do certainly hope the changes will see the return of the "quick reply" area, as going to a new page to create a post has its problems, I also hope that the "please wait while we direct you" message will not be hanging around long, and basically that the forums features we have had to this point won't be lost in a compromise for "better" features.