The Beastie May Live Again

Psycho

I have just received an email from guest relations stating firstly that the park will NOT be closing. Second of all, they have stated that The Beastie may be relocated and this is being looked at. And that if it is to occur it will not be until next year. Here's hoping. The park would be great with 3 coasters again...............Even better with 4 *hint hint*

Firstly, I guess we'll just have to wait and find out...... Secondly, they didnt say they WERE definately moving it. They said they were looking at the possibility of moving it. You may be right, that may be a lie but I guess we have to wait and see.... I'm hoping they do, it's a classic even if it's not what it used to be

• 6 months later...

This has to be one of the worst decisions ever made by a park in Australia!!! This coaster is an ACE coaster classic!!! Was there anything wrong with the operation of the coaster that hastened the closure?? This coaster was one of Wonderlands drawcards...a great way for younger people to be introduced to the joys of coasters and only one of three proper woodies in Australia......its just criminal!! Wonderland should reintoduce the Beastie ASAP. In closing the ride Wonderland have deprived Australia and the chance to ride this fantastic coaster should be restored immediately!!!!! Cheers , Jobe

I'd say without a doubt that Beastie was/is the best wooden coaster in Australia. Bush Beast was a pretty forceless ride that's overly rough. Scenic Railway is a boring slow ride that has been allowed to completely deteriorate into a painful ride. As far as I know, Beastie's closure was as a result of the size reduction and nothing more (it was at the furthest corner of the park). The park did look into relocating the ride elsewhere. Just because it hasn't moved yet, doesn't mean it's not going to. The ride could sit there for a good few years more with next to no maintenance (I see no reason to believe that they're not still maintaining it), and still be easily opened/relocated. There's still hope, but as has been said a fair bit around here (particularly recently), Wonderland has been jerking everyone around for the past few years, and you really can't know what to expect.