2 Day Park - Yes or No

taronga

Is Dreamworld really a 2 day park?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is Dreamworld really a 2 day park?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

If you genuinely try and do everything in the park, I think it is a solid two-day experience as it is. If you're visiting to ride the rides and nothing else, you're certainly pushing it if you can actually get on everything in a single day. If you are however after a park experience, with time spent taking in the atmosphere and doing things such as taking a ride on the train, then it is an easy two-day park. Throw in an hour or two in Blue Lagoon, time spent in the widlife sections of the park - there's an easy few hours spent between Australian Wildlife Experience, Tiger Island and Farmyard Friends - and that's if you don't decide to see the daily shows at each attraction. I can't remember a visit in recent years where I have actually done everything I wanted to in a single day. Of course having said that, there is always room for new attractions - even in the fullest parks out there. If there were an Australian park I'd have to pick because it's lacking, it would be Warner Bros. Movie World, and I think they follow the "quality not quantity" line of thought.

I'd say yes, 2-day park. Again, if its all about the rides, then on a normal out of season day, 1 day park, but if your with a family, and want to fit everything in, you won’t be able to do it in one day. I don't think blue lagoon, the Australian Wildlife Experience Shows, Imax, Tiger Island displays and going to the Big Brother house would be easy to do in one day, never mind hitting the rides as well.

From my experince I would say a 2 day pass is probably a good idea but not really a necessity. It would also depend on what time of year you went. If the water park is open and or the big brother house theres more to take in. The size of the group you go with matters and also what attractions you want to take in. Also on weekends and school holidays (nsw and qld) there will be more people. My last visit was in August last year. It was also during the week, and not in school holidays. We managed within the first day to get at least 2 rides on all the big stuff (GD, TOT, WO, CYC, EM) and a to also take in at least one ride on everthing else that was worth going on. Some rides are better then others for cycle time eg vortex is quick, cyclone sucks However i should mention that my friend and I only go for the rides and nothing else (shows and stuff) and basicly have a mission to get out moneys worth and ride absolutely as much as we can all day. Which for us means if we arent riding we are in line for something else or going directly to the next que. It also means not stopping for lunch and eating in que lines, and anything else that might save 5-10 mins here and there. We took a 2 day pass just for the reason of getting the most out of our experience. We dont live near the Gold coast and a visit there is rare. We didnt know if it would be possible to ride everything in one day and theres also the possibility of a ride being down for maintence on the day you go. It also allowed us to do more then we would have if we had just one day. Like we were able to take in the Imax and ride the train and check out the BB house. All of which we would not have done if we had just one day there. I mean its only 10 bucks more for another entire day so its proabably better value then spending 50 60 bucks more down the road for a second day of theme parking.

I think Dreamworld is easily a 2 day experience. For me it took about a day to go on all the major rides and most of them twice as well as fit in some time at Blue Lagoon etc but we still didn't get to go to down Gum Tree Gully and there were a few things we missed. In the end I think it really depends on the queue times and the overall crowds.

I think a day is enough for a group visiting the park - especially if it is a weekday. Nowadays, I myself when I visit themeparks, I go to both Dreamworld and Movie World in the same day such as what I did yesterday. Neither park was very busy and I managed to get everything done. In three hours at Dreamworld I went on Cyclone, Tower of Terror three times, Giant Drop, Mine Ride, Claw twice, Wipeout twice, Reptar and took time to walk by Wiggle's World and through the back of the park. Of course a family would take their time as opposed to me who was trying to do everything before I went on to Movie World.

There's no question. Dreamworld can't be completely done, enjoyed and experienced in just one day. Now that wiggles world is coming and families are going to be a large attendence, people arn't going to rush from ride to ride. Dreamworlds a two day park, Movie world's a 1/2 day park but i could go on Lethal weapon all day.

Macquarie Leisure only want you to believe it can't be done in one day by adding these kiddy attractions so families have to take longer, but for everyone else there's just not enough. If you compare our parks to those overseas, you'll find that we have half the number of attractions that most parks have (including shows, etc).

Macquarie Leisure only want you to believe it can't be done in one day by adding these kiddy attractions so families have to take longer, but for everyone else there's just not enough.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Doesn't it occur to you that families make up a major portion of Dreamworld's attendance, and that they are also a highly profitable market segment? And I don't think they want to make anyone believe anything like that - the fact that Wiggles World is costing more than The Claw did kind of kills that idea. We got a new thrill ride in the park not even a year ago and there will be many more to come in the future. Believe it or not they are running a theme park that caters to everyone.

Doesn't it occur to you that families make up a major portion of Dreamworld's attendance, and that they are also a highly profitable market segment? We got a new thrill ride in the park not even a year ago and there will be many more to come in the future. Believe it or not they are running a theme park that caters to everyone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually i thought the majority of visitors were in the 15-35's (just an average guess), they are the ones with more annual passes aren't they, which would mean they generaly spend more on say BB tickets, food & merchandise. So they get ONE RIDE & the kiddies get TWO whole AREAS redeveloped, when you look at it that way then no their not catering for everyone are they!!!

Major Thrill Rides: Wipeout Tower of Terror Giant Drop Cyclone The Claw Minor Thrill Rides: Eureka Mountain Vortex Reef Diver Total: 8 General Rides: Thunder River Rapids Rocky Hollow Log Ride Angry Beavers Spooty Spin Runaway Reptar Roller Coaster Bumper Beach Dreamworld Railway Total: 6 Major Children Rides: Big Red Car Ride Minor Children Rides: Nick-o-Round Dora the Explorer Swinger Zinger Blues Clues Total: 5 I decided to leave out non-ride attractions, seeing as a) in many cases the lines are blurred between what is and isn't its own attraction and B) going by things in this thread, not too many people here are concerned with non-ride attractions. It seems to me there are eight rides in the park targeted directly at the youth/teen market, and a further six (general rides) which they can realistically enjoy. Meanwhile children or families with young children have five directly targeted, and then the further six (general rides) which they can enjoy if they meet the minimum height requirements. We're going 14-11 here, and that's including Wiggles World. You just need to look at the bigger picture. Through the 1990s virtually no family additions were made - it was basically all major thrill rides with the exception of Tiger Island and the short-lived Creature Cruise and replacement and also short-lived Kennyland. If you don't remember, the year before Nick Central opened they added Cyclone. In fact until 2002 the children market had gone relatively untapped at Dreamworld (Kennyland hardly attracted significant numbers). Somehow I don't think this pattern of thrill ride then family land will continue. From Dreamworld's perspective it was a matter of bridging the gaps they had in their market segments. Provided Nick Central and Wiggles World are kept fresh with minor additions every few years these areas will continue to sustain the family markets, leaving most major expenditure to thrill rides or attractions the whole family can enjoy (including thrill-obsessed youth).

I don't really see how it is even up for debate, there is simply no way you can do everything at Dreamworld in one day. That is the very definition of a Two Day park. I can do Disneyland AND DCA in one day, but I wouldn't have done everything there, just because a particular person doesn't want to do everything doesn't mean it's suddenly a single day park. I can honestly say I've never gone to DW more than one day on each visit to the Gold Coast but that is my choice. More do to with the frequency that I visit the place than anything else. Plus over the years I HAVE seen and done/ridden everything in the park so I can make a choice these days. You only have to look at Sea World to see where I'm coming from. SW is without a doubt a 2 Day Park, you can't even see all the shows there in one day let alone go on all the rides and eat and do whatever else you might like. DW has a fair bit more than SW so there you go I recon, case solved. Movieworld off peak definately a one day park... but I get the feeling that will change over the years.

I don't really see how it is even up for debate, there is simply no way you can do everything at Dreamworld in one day. That is the very definition of a Two Day park. I can do Disneyland AND DCA in one day, but I wouldn't have done everything there, just because a particular person doesn't want to do everything doesn't mean it's suddenly a single day park.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dreamworld is about half the size of Disneyland, so how can anyone that's too big for kiddie rides not do it in one day. When i was @ Disneyland & DCA i unfortunately didn't get to do everything in one day each park. :rolleyes: And yes it was in the slow season before Christmas!! Edited by taronga

• 2 weeks later...
When i vist DW at the end of this year I will probably get a 2 day pass just to be safe. If I do happen to get everything done in one day then the second day would just be a bonus.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why don't you just get a one day pass and then go to the upgrade booth and the end of the day if you need to :P:lol:

Hey, if he wants to give Dreamworld the extra money let him give them the extra money... Yeah, I'd definitely agree with rappa and richo on this one in saying it's definitely a two day experience, however it does depend on what type of guest you are. In terms of thrills, spills, and puking, Dreamworld, provided you're doing it on a "below average guest capacity" day, you'll most definitely get your bang for buck if you get a single day pass, however, like Richo said, if you're there to have a good time and really soak in whatever remaining atmosphere hasn't been yet soaked up, then I'd definitely say Dreamworld would be virging into the three day mark. Just a couple of days ago I hit the parks with both mates and Richo and the kiddies, and even then with the launch of Wiggles world I didn't do everything that I could be stuffed doing. And to put things into perspective, I remember being ten or so at some stage, well before I became the thrill obsessed nut-job I am, and hitting Disneyland for well over five days in a row with my family as we really weren't in a hurry to get everything done. That having been said, we still didn't get to do everything that was on offer. So, thrills, and serious entertainment, you'd have a great time for two days, and if you're there purely to just sit back, relax and trully take in what Dreamworld is, take three to be safe.