Should CityWalk go ahead?

shootmagpies

Should Dreamworld give up some of its excess land, in order to build an intergrated shopping centre at Coomera  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should Dreamworld give up some of its excess land, in order to build an intergrated shopping centre at Coomera

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on the conditions

I'll probably move the relevant stuff here later on, but for the moment you'll have to have a look at that link to get a gist of the convo :) Personally, I can't see over saturation of the market being a good enough reason for stopping this. Robina Town Center is not that far from Pacific Fair, and there are allot of people who flip a coin on which they go to. Just across the road from Pacific Fair is the Oasis, itself a sizable shopping center, which is bordered by another shopping district. Even with Westfield, all those people who live North of Dreamworld (and there are ALOT of said people north of Dreamworld) would be without a local shopping center. if there were no CityWalk. Conversely, without Westfield but with CityWalk, there are those people at Studio Village that have still got nothing. I think both would be viable even taking the other into account. The only reason I wouldn't want this to go ahead would be that the shopping center might be more profitable then Dreamworld, and may slowly take over. And before everyone starts saying that, it’s about .0000001% chance of happening (i.e. not likely).

• 2 months later...

Huh? Teen Confidence? I think before worrying about what impact it's going to have on maybe building one more kiddy coaster, you should research a little more. The Citywalk is basically way far out from any type of current civilisation (in a joking/non-joking way, (Dreamworld joke)) and with the land that's already available, provided we got rid of the BB studios would be tremendous, almost two and a half times the size of what we currently have. I'd be surprised if Dreamworld will manage to double their size in the next decade, let alone use up all the space.