Movement @ the station

ripcurlboy_81

Why would you want a bolt.. what doses that prove? are you all that tight to go to a hardware and buy a bolt. Anyone that sells them on e-bay would be silly as you have no evidence to support that they actually came from the Bush Beast. And anyone that pays for them would be more of a fool then the seller. I just want to see pics of the park being demolished. if you have access to the demolision site please take them and post them up. The Bush Beast will be used as wood chip or be burnt somewhere as you cant use it as land fill.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done guys, you're one of three people in Australia who now owns a bolt. After that last round of posts, I need to suggest that you remove the bolt from whatever hole you seem to have it wedged in :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not saying I agree or disagree, but I too would like to thank Nev for one of the best laughs in a few days :D:lol:

There is very little that can be done with the Beast's remains. The chemicals used to treat the timber back in the early eighties is highly toxic, so burning and the like is out of the question. As far as using it for woodchips, im not sure how safe that would be, given woodchips are generally in public areas - and what would happen if baby johnny picked one up and licked it? not a risk worth taking... no - Beast's remains will most likely because hazardous landfill and no more than that...

Seriously, Jags and Ripcurlboy here were the very first people to drop a line into the ING representatives to ask for some remains of the Bush Beast before the metaphorical flood gates opened, and when you spend so much time and devotion onto a hobby or passion, why the hell wouldn't you want something to remember it by? When a mate moves away do you just tell him to bugger off, good riddance? Well, provided you're not a creep, of course not. I'd sure as hell get some photos of the good times, is there nothing wrong with remembering what seriously great times you've had? And then Jags and ripcurlboy go out of their way to let you guys know that they've been told ING can't take anymore requests, and you guys kick up a little hissy? I'm sorry, who's the sad ones? And ontop of that, can you think of the poor reps at ING having to handle a truckload of emails about people who want Bush Beast parts? Are you guys just angy because your email got rejected? :D Well, anyhoo, Jags, it was still nice to send the rep. some chocolates and a card for her troubles. Everyone else, take note.

Edited by SK2

Drove past on the M4 today and the western arm is up sans 12 small arms that used to have gondolas hanging from them. Half of Probe is still standing. I don't know why they didn't take the lot down in one go. Joz that is one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. Next funniest would have to be the Bob Carr 'mail order' email doing the rounds at the moment. "The Bus is now leaving for Sans Souci, NSW"

Wouldn't the space probe be held in the ground by concreate. There fore it's quicker to cut it at the base to save money. Cover it over with more concreate The rest of the ride would be sent to india for scrap metal and melted down. I assume to India, Where the world trade center scrap was sent to be melted

Edited by thetron

"...G'day kids! Time to ride the new Industrial Estate Space Probe! Standing at well over 30 metres, it's the best half working ride in the southern hemisphere!" Need I say more? Okay. I think it's rather rediculous halfway through moving a ride they'll go "oh hey, let's put it back up and theme it regardless of what loss of revenue or loss of land we'll experience. Seriously, ING isn't stupid.

i see the Zodiac is no longer standing. the De Consturction must have happen over sat morning. went for a drive past there on sunday. Only things that are in sight of eye from walgrove road are the tower of space probe and the beach area. Which im guessing will be coming down soon. would like to go for a ride in a helicopter over the top of the park to see whats left inside. if anyones keen to use that idea please take pics ....