Movement @ the station

ripcurlboy_81

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has any approaches been made to the current management to see if the train carriages have been retained intact or have they been destroyed? You never know they allow you to have them. Luna park melbourne retained their two Big Dipper carriages when it was pulled out and used them as decoration in the park. Has anyone got or know of a register of items, equipment and memorabilia related to Wonderland? I know there would be alot of photos around! A retrospective exhibition is a great idea but the amount of work that is involved is quite high and time consuming. Most exhibition planning can take 18 months to two years from idea to execution. Alot of dollars are also needed if it's to be done properly. The Powerhouse would be an ideal choice of venue but they would work on a 12 - 24 month ahead schedule. Most institutions operate like that! With the right planning, approached could be made to the NSW Ministry for the Arts, the Australia Council and local government authorities (local council) for funding support. A corporate sponsor or two may be interesting in coming on board. With proper research a catalogue could compliment the exhibition documenting the 20 years or so of Wonderland.

That is great news to hear... Unfortunately there seems to be something up with the format of your photos, do you think you could re-post as jpegs? One thing though... why do people have to always persist with this secrecy crap? No one really cares if you have an inside scoop or anything like that. It's really much more beneficial to the community to be upfront and honest with who you are and how you happen to have photos and what your plans are and that sort of stuff for such a website... I highly doubt there is a long line of people out to beat you to it all, I am sure though that there is probably a very long line of people who would be willing to get involved and help you out in any way that they can. Whats the Zoomerang "mess" you speak of DJ?

I did mean Zoomerang as that is its new name at Visionland. The mess I refer to is to do with the guy who had to be contracted in at the last minute to pull the ride down. He has a demo licence which the original company who came over did not have. He obviously thought he could charge what he wanted (500 an hour to be precise) because there was such urgency to get it down and out. After it was done the original company (Canadians) who were contracted to pull it down decided not to pay this guy his exorbitant fee using the distance between the two countries as a safe haven. This also impacted on Visionland who purchased the ride and they were also chased for payment even though it was outside their contract with the Canadian "experts". They may have made a verbal agreement to get things moving but verbal agreements can have a nasty habit of changing or dissappearing. All this mess and believe me it was an utter mess with lawsuits still to play out helped cause the lateness of the approvals to demo rest of the park which then caused heat for a certain ex-Wonderland CEO therefore damaging the negotiations for the yanks to buy the coaster cars.

I did mean Zoomerang as that is its new name at Visionland. The mess I refer to is to do with the guy who had to be contracted in at the last minute to pull the ride down. He has a demo licence which the original company who came over did not have. He obviously thought he could charge what he wanted (500 an hour to be precise) because there was such urgency to get it down and out. After it was done the original company (Canadians) who were contracted to pull it down decided not to pay this guy his exorbitant fee using the distance between the two countries as a safe haven. This also impacted on Visionland who purchased the ride and they were also chased for payment even though it was outside their contract with the Canadian "experts". They may have made a verbal agreement to get things moving but verbal agreements can have a nasty habit of changing or dissappearing. All this mess and believe me it was an utter mess with lawsuits still to play out helped cause the lateness of the approvals to demo rest of the park which then caused heat for a certain ex-Wonderland CEO therefore damaging the negotiations for the yanks to buy the coaster cars.

Bussy do you know if the Beastie is still standing and when this will be scheduled for demolition?? It would be a fine idea to attempt to document this demolition since The Bush Beast's slipped underneath the radar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont think it was all that unexpected was it? I mean didnt someone announce on here not long back that remaining rides, including BB and SP would be removed from the park in August....OK SP is still there today, but surely it wont be all that long before its gone too. Edited by dr_teeth

hey guys, was just at wonderland with some mates and i can confirm that there is a tower crane next to SP. There were 3 guys walking around the very top of the dome of SP. There was a cage attached to the end of the crane, and it was moving up to top where the workmen were then back down to the ground. I have many pics and will upload them soon. Also im sure my mates will upload their pics.

Bussy do you know if the Beastie is still standing and when this will be scheduled for demolition?? It would be a fine idea to attempt to document this demolition since The Bush Beast's slipped underneath the radar.
I am lead to believe that Beastie is also gone and was done either the day before or the day after Bush Beast was brought down.
I saw a huge tower crane right next to the SP today, I think it had the hook attached to the dome, I don't know but it was right next to the SP!
The crane that you can see has nothing to do with Probe's deconstruction at this point. It is there for Zodiac. When I drove past on the M4 today the eastern arm was up minus all the gondolas. "The Bus is now leaving for Cranes Cowal, NSW"